VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Scanner Reader ?

Rate this question

LeroyJohnson

Question

does any one know if they VA will provide scanner readers to visually impaired veterans. with my visual problems it is getting almost impossible to read books or the newspaper any more. with a scanner reader my wife can scan anything I want to read and it will read it back to me. they are expensive so just wondering if anyone has ever received one from the VA.

thanks Leroy

Also wanted to say thank you to all who have said a prayer for my son.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I have not Leroy but I would forcefully ask for one. The VA seems to have cutoff criteria for everything, so you may have to have reached some disability level before they help. I would push it really hard and just don't take NO for an answer.

• HadIt.com Elder

Leroy

Do you get housebound or A&A? I am not the VA but I think they should do every thing possible to help you. Is your blindness SC?

• HadIt.com Elder

Leroy

I think when you get the eyes SC'ed the VA his going to have to pay for everything including A&A.

does any one know if they VA will provide scanner readers to visually impaired veterans. with my visual problems it is getting almost impossible to read books or the newspaper any more. with a scanner reader my wife can scan anything I want to read and it will read it back to me. they are expensive so just wondering if anyone has ever received one from the VA.

thanks Leroy

Also wanted to say thank you to all who have said a prayer for my son.

Your local library may help you with a reader...they will either loan you one or may purchase one for you. The state library here in Indianapolis will help our citizens if we need a reader...

Check a library and see if they can help.

Railroader

Edited by Railroader