VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Filed Imo With Vet Rep

Rate this question

slangpdx

Question

I just had an IMO by a psych who is themselves a former VA examiner filed with my vet rep. This was based on a review of active duty records, past six years of VA records, and testing done by a psychologist. I also have additional documentation of a current disability beyond what was available at the C&P. I already have an appeal pending of an NOD that was handed down in April for a C&P exam from February. Does this change the dynamics of the appeal process? Do I still have to wait out getting a hearing on the appeal or does the IMO change anything?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Make sure the IMO is submitted to the VA.I assume the IMO regards the disability you claimed that has had NOD filed on it?

"I also have additional documentation of a current disability beyond what was available at the C&P."

This sounds to me as it should be filed as a new claim?????

Maybe I am misunderstanding this post.

If the IMO is for a PTSD claim, can the nexus be proven?

Even under the new PTSD criteria, if the VA has doubt as to whether the claim is consistent with the new criteria, they will contact JSRRC to verify the stressor.It is best to give them details as to time, place, and MOS if JSRRC has to verify the stressor.

Many claims will not need that additional documentation from JSRRC-per the new regs.

Just heard from my vet rep that he has asked for "reconsideration and DRO hearing to resolve the issue". I hope that isn't a mistake. Would I still be able to appeal if they turned down the reconsideration?

Many thanks

• HadIt.com Elder

Just heard from my vet rep that he has asked for "reconsideration and DRO hearing to resolve the issue". I hope that isn't a mistake. Would I still be able to appeal if they turned down the reconsideration?

Many thanks

Yes, your veterans service officer is shooting it straight with you. No, it is not a mistake. Yes, you will be able to appeal if the reconsideration/DRO does not work out (just do not let the 12 months time toll on your Notice of Disagreement....).

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use