VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Myhealthyvet

Rate this question

Tomahawk

Question

I read somewhere and I cannot find the post now I think Pete was the one who posted, that he was able to download medical records from Myhealthy Vet. Is there something you need to do after yoou do the in person verification in order to view these things? I did the in person verification back in July and still the only thing that gave me access to was the names of my prescriptions and the ability to request refills online. It would be a huge benefit if I could browse my medical records and just print the pages out I need.

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

You are correct. The only useful feature is refilling your medications and reading VA propaganda.

This article explains how the rest of the site is practically useless, which includes info about downloading your records:

http://www.vawatchdog.org/10/nf10/nfsep10/nf090810-3.htm

The best way to get copies of your medical records are to:

1. Keep the originals (if you have them)

2. Request them from the VAMC Release of Information Office (some offices can provide a CD or DVD containing your copies)

3. Request a copy of your C-File (mine contained more records than the RIO's copy, but be careful because it could delay your claim)

• HadIt.com Elder

No if you have been authorized you can use blue button and get selected copies of labs and all the meds you have ever taken. It also lists the blood pressure and weights and vitals taken on visits. I got 381 pages mostly meds yesterday.

Thanks for the info. Im not gonna request a copy of my C-file until this claim actually gets denied. At that point Ill request a copy and put in my NOD. Im currently waiting the agonizing week to 2 weeks for my verification code for ebenefits. Took me a month to get the crap verified.

Anyhow thanks again.

No if you have been authorized you can use blue button and get selected copies of labs and all the meds you have ever taken. It also lists the blood pressure and weights and vitals taken on visits. I got 381 pages mostly meds yesterday.

I've tried the blue button and all that. It doesnt have anything in it. Nor are any of my vitals listed anywhere

Hmm... I logged into the site and the blue button looks new. Here's the contents of the link. I am going to try it...

Also... Look at the name of the person who contributed the article. Come on now... Is that for real?

How Do I Get My HealtheVet Data As A Download?

Contributed by Kim Nazi

inset_bluebutton03.jpgVeterans can view their My HealtheVet personal health information using a Web browser. If the Veteran has an upgraded account, this information is a blend of self-entered data and available information from their VA Electronic Health Record. A new feature called the "Blue Button" provides an easy way for My HealtheVet users to also download their personal health information. This information can be for the Veterans' own use or for use in other systems.

The Blue Button makes it possible for Veterans to view, print, or save their personal health information. Veterans can download a file to a location that they choose. This file can be used with other programs. Of course, sharing health information has both benefits and risks. It is important to follow safe information practices. The Department of Veterans Affairs cares about Veterans' privacy and security.

What Does This Mean to Me?

inset_bluebutton02.jpgAt one time, you paid your bills by mail and deposited your checks at your local bank. Now you can access your bank account, pay bills, and deposit or withdraw money through an ATM or your bank’s website. Your bank is simple to use while still being safe, secure, and reliable.

My HealtheVet now offers the ability to download your personal health information using the Blue Button. You can do this when you are at home, at a medical center or anywhere that you have Internet access. The Blue Button is safe, secure, reliable and simple to use.

Ok, I just tried it. The only things I could access was just the data which was already on the myhealthevet site. It had emergency contact information and my prescription history. Nothing else. :blink:

Pete,

They must like you more than they like me and tomahawk.