Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nod Time Requirements

Rate this question

cannoncocker

Question

I received a denial on 19 August 2009 and submitted a NOD on 14 August 2010 which I sent Registered and Return Receipt plus I put it on IRIS, the number the informtion etc, but they have declined it beause the W-S VARO denied it since the NOD was not received until September 2nd.Do I have to re submit since the original VA contract examination was really bad. Still the question is that right about denying the nod ?

Edited by cannoncocker

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Hi Mr. John:

I am 200% with you in reference to the lawyer part but finding one that will take your case unless you have unpteen million years of back pay built up or possiblly if you and the lawyer live in the VARO area there is little chance of finding one to take a case. Now understanding that is my experience and it is not like I have no skills in findjng professional assistance, RE: IMO for 342dollars in comparisson to thousands but like I said I would have to go to W-S and fing a lawyer and that is still assuming I could find at all since I don't have one of those multi year back pay scenarios. But I am thinking about getting a hotel room and find a lawyer in the area since too face to face is always the most successful in my experience. Plus there is a Law School in Durham as I recall.

Again this morning I am suppose to wait by the phone for lindsey of DAV fame to call and lay his unlimted wisdom on me,which I have a better chance with the lottery.

Draggin:you did agood help with that link:

Reference:http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/admin21/m21_1/...5/ch05_secb.doc

4. Time Limits for Filing an NOD, Continued

If the postmark date is

• prior to the expiration of the NOD period

consider the NOD timely filed, and

retain the postmarked envelope(documentation retained with return receipt and certified mail scanned and attached prior to the 17th and cc to (DAV not necessarily retained.) and posted on the IRIS the day I Certified mailed with Return Receipt the NOD.

I have both original receipts.

Sounds good to me.

That is very good info and diretly applicable to my situation. Thank you very much.

John if you have any easier way about finding a lawyer please post it.

• HadIt.com Elder

There is NVLSP which is the name of group of lawyers who are certified to do VA claims. They are all over the place.

It would be good to find one close you could talk to face to face but not necessary. You have to somehow bring heat on the VA to make them obey their own rules. This can be a task since they often dig in their heels if they think they have you in a corner. Nice guys. I think you have the evidence and law on your side, so don't give up. It means a year of retro.