The Final Va Letter With Rating

Rate this topic

atruesoldier

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"will i get both VA and SSDI benefits" If they award the SSDI Yes!!!!!

there is no offset between SSDI and VA SC compensation.

"The issues that did not receive a rating were noted with 0% next to it." Was that a SC Zero or NSC zero?

Basically the VA is saying these conditions do not disable you at a ratable level.You can appeal that when the decision comes and tells you more.

It could be possible that one or both of your children could recover some DEA retro if they paid during the EED time frame.

I finished my degree when my first DEA date ran out ( 10 years after the veteran's death for survivor's DEA)

Then I won a direct SC death award and sent DEA Chap 35 people at VA a copy of the award letter ,the DEA regs, and the proof of what tuition I had paid from 2004 (when they cut off my Chapter 35)to Dec 2007.

It was about 5 thousand I think, I paid after the DEA ran out.

With my new award letter and new delimiting dates, I recovered all of the tuition I paid as retro benefit because the new SC death award had a new EED for Chapter 35.

The new award letter said nothing as to the new DEA EED or any other benefits I was eligible for with the SC death award .Luckily I knew and applied for them.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use