Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Set Me Straight!

Rate this question

e4766

Question

A close personal friend who has had two heart attacks and stents put in asked me a question. He has always used the VA as his medical professional doctors soon as he was released from the Army. I know they have all his records, but his VSO said he didn't know if he could get a IHD claim through. He was in the area that was sprayed heavily so what's this VSO talking about? I was thinking that this would be an automatic justification with his medical history and medical records being at the VA in Lexington. Yeah I know he has to gather records but why did the VSO try to brush him off? If I'm missing something just let me know and I'll pass it on. Had a rough farm day so see you all tomorrow. I'm exhausted, bruised, cut mentally drained, and just plain tuckered out. I look like and advertisement for band-aids!!! That's my life! I haven't had time to really check everyone out hope things are going better for all.

Carolyn

e4766

USA

Spc 5/Big Red One

Company A

1st/5th ARTY

Fire Direction Center

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You have mail.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• HadIt.com Elder

A close personal friend who has had two heart attacks and stents put in asked me a question. He has always used the VA as his medical professional doctors soon as he was released from the Army. I know they have all his records, but his VSO said he didn't know if he could get a IHD claim through. He was in the area that was sprayed heavily so what's this VSO talking about? I was thinking that this would be an automatic justification with his medical history and medical records being at the VA in Lexington. Yeah I know he has to gather records but why did the VSO try to brush him off? If I'm missing something just let me know and I'll pass it on. Had a rough farm day so see you all tomorrow. I'm exhausted, bruised, cut mentally drained, and just plain tuckered out. I look like and advertisement for band-aids!!! That's my life! I haven't had time to really check everyone out hope things are going better for all.

Carolyn

Could be time to transpose vso's.......................where is your friend located?

just sayin' and askin'.........................

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

LarryJ

We live in the Bluegrass state of little ole' Kentucky. You know where them thar Wilcats play round ball. I agree about losing the VSO. jbasser has contacted me and we're going to work with this man, I hope. Maybe this VSO hasn't scared this man off.

Carolyn

e4766

USA

Spc 5/Big Red One

Company A

1st/5th ARTY

Fire Direction Center

Doesn't sound like a very thorough VSO or maybe he /she is. If he looked at the vets records before answering. But if there is something in his records he should have told the vet why.