Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Very Confused Vet... Please Help

Rate this question

Cm Burns

Question

I had 2 claims submitted months apart. they all went info the rating phase together but came out of the rating phase a day apart. As of yesterday I found out that I was awarded 30% for ptsd/mdd/anxiety .... but I am confused about several things. I am wanting to know if you have 2 claims going in to be rated back to back do they then combine it all info 1 award or are they always kept seperated. The reason I ask is all the claims i am told are closed. but all that is in the system is 30% and she told me it was from a claim filed in 2009. Does that mean they have not entered the info from the claim filed in 2010 or that there was no reward. I do know only 1 award letter has been sent from what they told me. I don't know if for both claims all i got was 30% or is it possible the second claim was not entered yet. can someone please help me to understand. I also applied for nsc pension which is not showing active on the system so I assume i was turned down for it or actually I don't know what I should think about that. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. If all i got was 30% for ptsd I think they really low balled me. I am not quite sure what to think from here on any of this but i am trying to get a good understanding of what has happened and what should happen.

Thnx

I am going into an inpatient program that is 12 weeks it is for ptsd and since I am not rated for it I wanted to apply for the temporary 100% can you guys also tell me what to do and how to go about applying for it.

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

Claim 1 & 2 /w pension Filed 10/23/2009 CnPs- Dec Phase 10/1/2010 Notification 10/12/2010 Closed 10/15/2010

Claim 3 Filed June 23,10 CNPs- Jan 2011 Dec Phase- Mar 2011 Notification- May 2011 Closed My 2011 (CLAIM DENIED)

Claim 4 Filed June 13,11 cnps-Na Dec Phase- Aug 2011 Notification- ...

Voc Rehab Claim Filed July 2011 Orientation-17 Aug 2011 Found Entitled- 17 Aug 2011 Classes paid- 19 Aug 2011 First Stipen Check- ...

***Under Ga VARO from 2009 - Until Present***

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I had 2 claims submitted months apart. they all went info the rating phase together but came out of the rating phase a day apart. As of yesterday I found out that I was awarded 30% for ptsd/mdd/anxiety .... but I am confused about several things. I am wanting to know if you have 2 claims going in to be rated back to back do they then combine it all info 1 award or are they always kept seperated. The reason I ask is all the claims i am told are closed. but all that is in the system is 30% and she told me it was from a claim filed in 2009. Does that mean they have not entered the info from the claim filed in 2010 or that there was no reward. I do know only 1 award letter has been sent from what they told me. I don't know if for both claims all i got was 30% or is it possible the second claim was not entered yet. can someone please help me to understand. I also applied for nsc pension which is not showing active on the system so I assume i was turned down for it or actually I don't know what I should think about that. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. If all i got was 30% for ptsd I think they really low balled me. I am not quite sure what to think from here on any of this but i am trying to get a good understanding of what has happened and what should happen.

Thnx

I am going into an inpatient program that is 12 weeks it is for ptsd and since I am not rated for it I wanted to apply for the temporary 100% can you guys also tell me what to do and how to go about applying for it.

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

Cm Burns where did you get your info on your claims?

68mustang

Cm Burns where did you get your info on your claims?

68mustang

I called the toll free number.

Claim 1 & 2 /w pension Filed 10/23/2009 CnPs- Dec Phase 10/1/2010 Notification 10/12/2010 Closed 10/15/2010

Claim 3 Filed June 23,10 CNPs- Jan 2011 Dec Phase- Mar 2011 Notification- May 2011 Closed My 2011 (CLAIM DENIED)

Voc Rehab Claim Filed July 2011 Orientation-17 Aug 2011 Found Entitled- 17 Aug 2011 Classes paid- 19 Aug 2011 First Stipen Check- ...

Well as hard as it is going to be I would recommend you watch football all weekend or go fishing until you get your award letter and then post what it says.

Using the 800# for half an answer and then trying to read something in to something is very hard on the brain and stress.

Look at the good side you know you were (if 800 is right) 30% so you have no more copays and the VA for your meds.

Well as hard as it is going to be I would recommend you watch football all weekend or go fishing until you get your award letter and then post what it says.

Using the 800# for half an answer and then trying to read something in to something is very hard on the brain and stress.

Look at the good side you know you were (if 800 is right) 30% so you have no more copays and the VA for your meds.

Is it possible that this info is not all complete. I mean what i am wanting to know is at what point is the info entered in the computer. Could the second claim not be on there yet.

Do they take 2 different claims and combine them on 1 award letter. they have been sep up til this point so I am just trying to understand

I called the toll free number.

Cm Burns the reason I asked where you got your info is because this week for me calling the 1-800# and looking up up info on E-benefits has been tough on me. First on E-benefits my claim showed that it was in development. Then later in the week it went to decision and then notification. Later I checked it was back in development yesterday. I first called the 1-800# when it went notification and I was told that they could only tell me that I would be sent a letter. I again called yesterday when it went back to development and was told that a decision had been made and that they could not give me any further info. So here I am in limbo waiting to see what the decision was and why it went back to development. It makes no sense, but what am I going to do. Watch football as stillhere recommends.Thanks.

68mustang

• HadIt.com Elder

If the VA has more than one claim in the system for you they do sometimes rate them all together and send one rating decision on all the issues. They wait until all the issues are ready to rate and then rate them. You still get separate ratings but they are combined in one decision.