Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Wow This Way Over Due!

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

I went to the VA.gov site and was going to my health evet and saw they had posted something new/ Well I oh hum clicked on it and could need believe it?? In my 7 years of dealing with the VA and the way I was bitter (am still am) at the way they handled Vietnam and the Agent Orange issue.

I have always said the VA should contact every vet and make them aware of what is out their for them both benefits and health care wise. I almost cried when I went to the link below FINALLY it is there. While these veteran's sites do a GREAT service and not taking anything away from them this link needs to be displayed prominently and referenced to to every vet getting out.

I hope Tbird will agree and the rest of the mods/admins!!

http://www1.va.gov/opa/myva/index.asp

While I may still be bitter at the way we were have been and continue to be treated. I love each and every vet and especially those that have served and are severing NOW!

Please go to this site and post some comments of what you all think. I am hoping you will find it as I did a great step in the RIGHT direction and long over due!!

Edited by stillhere

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Yea the va is doing so much for veterans that when they changed the va wed cite the opening pages became propaganda, and the cite which once was user friendly is now a total maze. Go figure!

• HadIt.com Elder

Here is a thought: Send every vet an invitation to come in for an exam and enrollment in the VA health care system. There are over 20 million vets out there. I wonder if the VA really wants them all to show up to get enrolled in the system? If just all the vets in my area of Florida showed up the hospital would grind to a stop. Just include us all in the ChampVA system that already exists and let us find our own doctors. I know the VA would screw this up somehow.

Propaganda - Public Relations.

Most vets going thru BDD, MEB, PEB actually are told

about benefits available to them BEFORE separation now.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Here is a thought: Send every vet an invitation to come in for an exam and enrollment in the VA health care system. There are over 20 million vets out there. I wonder if the VA really wants them all to show up to get enrolled in the system? If just all the vets in my area of Florida showed up the hospital would grind to a stop. Just include us all in the ChampVA system that already exists and let us find our own doctors. I know the VA would screw this up somehow.

I agree with the thought of ChampUS for all. The wife and I were talking about just that the other day. She hates it when I go to the VA and is only working so I have another option.

As far as the other condescending posts and slanted comments I only posted this to see if this might be something good for vets the owner of the board and admins/mods might agree!

I will crawl back to my hole now but plan on adding the link to all my emails!

Stillhere, I don't think anyone was dissing you for posting this. It was thoughtful of you, and maybe it will help someone out. There are so many new kids flowing out of the military, and no matter how many talks & pamphlets & meetings they go to, there will be still many who fall through the cracks or are given misinformation. Letting them know that they have entitlements is never a bad plan!

Me, I'm filled with bitterness over not being given this kind of attention when I got out lo, these many years ago. And frankly, I'm a bit annoyed that the VA seems to be stepping over us older vets to woo the new ones. I guess it must be because they want to keep recruitment up, and they figure the young folks will only relate to the treatment of young vets.

I don't want the VA to take a single thing from the new vets, not a breath or word or penny. But why does it have to feel like it's either-or?

There are thousands and thousands of vets who weren't OEF,OIF,ONF (what's that one?) who aren't getting the services they're entitled to. Where's the push to find and reach out to them?

I know, my bitterness hurts no one but me.... I'm working on it.

Let us be kind, one to another, for we are each of us together in our pain.

There are thousands and thousands of vets who weren't OEF,OIF,ONF (what's that one?) who aren't getting the services they're entitled to. Where's the push to find and reach out to them?

hedgey,

This is also one of my questions.

The new vets are getting tons of information and benefits.

Heck - the TBI regs, post Oct 2008 changed the rating criteria for brain trauma

dramatically in the vets favor.

I imagine there are many,many,many vets out there that served decades ago

that will never be aware of this change or receive these benefits.

BUT

If it weren't for OIF/OEF, etc... the TBI regs would have never come into play.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.