VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Do I Need To Postpone Surgery?

Rate this question

JHawks

Question

I have been diagnosed with Severe Bilateral Carpul Tunnel Syndrome for my hands and wrists. I have a claim in to the VA as secondary to being required to use a cane to walk. Both my legs are shot and service connected.

The CTS is getting too much to handle and I need to have the surgery. What impact will the surgery have on my claim? Should I hold off until after a decision is made before I go through with the surgery?

I just don't want to screw up my claim. After the surgery will the VA take to position I am cured?

I need to know before I screw up.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

If the surgery does resolve the CTS issue should you be drawing compensation for it?

The fact that you need to have the surgery should clearly demonstrate that you have/had CTS.

Undertaking the surgery should not invalidate the nexus. The rating you receive may be a stagged rating.

In contemplating a stagged rating depending on the doctors orders for post surgery a temporary 100% rating could be argued.

If it is not curred or there are chronic residuals after surgery assuming a valid medical nexus is accepted you would still be eligible for a rating.

My 2 cents.

Best regards,

Tyler