• donate-be-a-hero.png

Any Other Training Letters?

Rate this question

fanaticbooks

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

http://vets.yuku.com/topic/48076

Well,

As of today, I don't think I have any others to input in the VA Training Letter Information topic on VBN.

I think I have found all I know for which to look.

If anyone has any copies or links for others, PLEASE let me know to look or else arrange somehow to get a photocopy via email attachment (somehow) to me.

If it is not too long (10 pages or under), I don't mind if I have to actually retype the document into WORD in order to transfer to the topic. I've already done that for some of them.

Typing is like playing solitaire or a computer game to me--not a hardship.

Anyway, anyone knowing of something somewhere that would be useful, please let's try to get it on the topic.

FINAL NOTE: If they are old and even rescinded, they still might have value by having more detail than more current documents. Don't dismiss any of these letters just because of that.

Once they are in the topic, than I can always put a note about status.

fanaticbooks

Edited by fanaticbooks

www.howtoassemblevaclaims.com

A free guide for researching, organizing and assembling a va claim. Now upgraded to include suggestions for VONAPP and Social Security Disability.

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

PS -when my daughter (a veteran) insisted for months that I re open my claim due to AO diabetes(which my husband was never diagnosed with)I pulled out the VA 1997 DMII training letter that I had helped a local vet prove direct SC of DMII with (no Vietnam service) and I was astonished at what info it had that pertained to the claim my daughter had envisioned.

With no diagnosis at all of DMII in my husband's clinical records, I re-opened a claim for AO DMII death -that my rep said was "impossible".

Long story but the training letter itself gave me a template to follow and 7 years later I won direct SC death of my husband due to AO DMII.There was more to my claim than that letter but it goes to show how invaluable they can be.

The DMII award got him a little closer to Peace with Honor. One more claim to go and then he will truly rest in Peace.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

PS -when my daughter (a veteran) insisted for months that I re open my claim due to AO diabetes(which my husband was never diagnosed with)I pulled out the VA 1997 DMII training letter that I had helped a local vet prove direct SC of DMII with (no Vietnam service) and I was astonished at what info it had that pertained to the claim my daughter had envisioned.

With no diagnosis at all of DMII in my husband's clinical records, I re-opened a claim for AO DMII death -that my rep said was "impossible".

Berta,

I have the 10-04 already posted (Nehmer).

HOWEVER, I don't have the 1997 DMII training letter. I just have the July 17, 2000 diabetes letter.

Any way you could get me a copy of the 1997 letter?

If I had to retype from a photo (has to be readable) I can do that if the actual info can't be posted otherwise.

I can send you my private email if you needed it to send an attachment.

It sounds as if it could be of value.

fanaticbooks

A free guide for researching, organizing and assembling a va claim. Now upgraded to include suggestions for VONAPP and Social Security Disability.

• HadIt.com Elder

I posted some here but they are hard to find.

The Texas Veterans Commission used to have a great link to all of them and I posted that here some time ago but the link no longer works.

I need them too so will sure be using Wing's link-

The new Training letter on the new AO presumptives is here:

http://www.nvlsp.org...ainingGuide.pdf

It is 132 pages long so I just printed out the specific sections I needed.

This training letter is going to be an important part of proper adjudication of the new AO claims.

I used a page from the Nehmer Training Letter as evidence to help them do my claim right. :blush:

Berta, Books, Take the Shortcut to the TX Documents:

http://www.tvc.state.tx.us/page/login

Temporary username: username

Temporary password: password

<BR clear=all>

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

Hello All Hope All Is Well

Question RE: are these Regs I see are they State Regs or National?

Secondly This info does give a different perspective however when utilizing as such without the necessary documentation for support.I was exposed to various CS gas god only knows what else during BCT 1976 Nothing to support this.Inow have Prostate cancer at 50.MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.not to intrude on this thread. I apologize

WINGS The CDVA Link did not work Page cannot be displayed?

• HadIt.com Elder

Hello All Hope All Is Well

Question RE: are these Regs I see are they State Regs or National?

Secondly This info does give a different perspective however when utilizing as such without the necessary documentation for support.I was exposed to various CS gas god only knows what else during BCT 1976 Nothing to support this.Inow have Prostate cancer at 50.MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.not to intrude on this thread. I apologize

WINGS The CDVA Link did not work Page cannot be displayed?

x

x

x

try again http://www.cdva.ca.gov/VetService/CVSOManual.aspx

Regs, What Regs lol!

Seriously, if it doesn't say 38 CFR or 38 USC or M21-1, it don't mean nothin! Except that --each State provides benefits for their veterans more or less.

MacAfee, Hangtin there good man. Is the VA providing medical tx? ~Wings

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

• HadIt.com Elder

WOW!

Talk about a Gold Mine!

I will be working about 36 of these FL's.

Whether they have value, who knows, but they looked interesting.

THANK YOU WINGS!

I'd do the Training Manual but it is 445 pages long. I don't think posting on the site would be good. That's a LOT of pages.

Will just putter along with the California one.

I took the precaution of saving the ones I liked to WORD, unworked....but at least the letters are there in case I lose the texas link. :)

hmmm. Looks like I'll be busy for a few days.

Oh well, keeps me from eating which is always a good goal when trying to lose weight.

Will let you know when I have completed.

fanaticbooks