VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Part Of Claim Denied And Rep Bailed - Now What?

Rate this question

stilltrying

Question

I am 70% disabled for PTSD and have had 18 other items pending for over two years. One of my pending items for for my feet ( have had 3 surgeries in the last year) have three line of duties on them and a letter from my VA doctor saying yes, it is a service connected problem. I suddenly got a letter stating that all 18 items have been denied. The excuses are lost records (which they seemed to have before) and that I had failed to provide information.

Without going into all the details, my file is over 6 inches thick, so there is a great deal of information. The woman who has been working as my rep for over a year has changed jobs suddenly and just told me that I'd have to find someone else. I tried contacting another rep and just got this - oh, you want to appeal?. They said someone would call me but never did. Have tried several other offices and gotten nowhere. I also have a dependent son that I was never paid for. They kept saying that it will be taken care of later. I'm tired of fighting and need some help.

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Are you trying for 100% or TDIU? If so you should focus on the claims that will get you there. Are you working? If not you should file for TDIU now. I think having 18 pending issues makes your claim hard to deal with just due to complexity. Maybe you should hire a lawyer to do your appeal. You need help sorting this thing out to your immediate benefit.

I can't work and haven't for a couple years now. So yes, I'm trying tor TDIU. As to the 18 items - the VA did it to themselves. I originally went to the VA for PTSD and my feet, that's it. As time has passed, they started adding every little thing I had wrong with me on it. My claim and my treatment seem to vary with the political wind.

You pretty much need to hang in there. The VA wants you to abandon your claim...this is part of the reason why they make it so frustrating and so complex, to wear you down so you give up. Dont give into them.

Get another rep if you need to.

Thank you - all we have is each other.

Some of my horror stories: My first VA rep told me that I should be grateful for anything that they decided to give me and also accused me of using the VA to supplement my lifestyle. Then came the day when I was an in patient at the hospital with chest pains. I was not allowed to wash my face, brush my teeth or even given a glass of water. They put me through a battery of tests that mimic a heart attack and then discharged me because they couldn't figure out what was wrong. I never even received a phone call for follow up. Then there is my wonderful shrink who thinks that she can "cure" me by making me relive my traumatic incidents each time I go there. If I have tears running down my face, then she thinks she's done her job.

Why don't we deserve respect after the uniform comes off?

Still,

I'm sorry you're having to endure this needless grief.

If you can focus on your foot claim and skip that other stuff it might help. With the 'lost records' line that means assemble the simplest and most to-the-point info and submit that.

You can do an IRIS inquiry to try to figure out where you're at so we can help you go from here.

Choose "Ask a question"

Hang in there! :smile:

• HadIt.com Elder

Have you applied for social security disability for the SC conditions? That would be a good thing to do. Based on your PTSD and feet problems you should get IU. I think some lazy SOB at the VA just stamped your claimed denied because they did not want to deal with 18 items. It is not your fault.