VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Part Of Claim Denied And Rep Bailed - Now What?

Rate this question

stilltrying

Question

I am 70% disabled for PTSD and have had 18 other items pending for over two years. One of my pending items for for my feet ( have had 3 surgeries in the last year) have three line of duties on them and a letter from my VA doctor saying yes, it is a service connected problem. I suddenly got a letter stating that all 18 items have been denied. The excuses are lost records (which they seemed to have before) and that I had failed to provide information.

Without going into all the details, my file is over 6 inches thick, so there is a great deal of information. The woman who has been working as my rep for over a year has changed jobs suddenly and just told me that I'd have to find someone else. I tried contacting another rep and just got this - oh, you want to appeal?. They said someone would call me but never did. Have tried several other offices and gotten nowhere. I also have a dependent son that I was never paid for. They kept saying that it will be taken care of later. I'm tired of fighting and need some help.

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

My point is that I NEED HELP. I am asking for a contact or representative who can help me - whether it is the VFW, DAV or whatever organization may be of assistance.

still,

Any one of those organizations can help you - take your pick - they can all be found on line,

contact which ever one you want : (

• HadIt.com Elder

still,

Any one of those organizations can help you - take your pick - they can all be found on line,

contact which ever one you want : (

Carlie, And the frown :( is for ?

The vet is asking for help. You may have hijacked his thread with CB's questions. Too many question at once = information overload. Maybe try one question at a time?

Stilltrying, You have one year to file an Notice of Disagreement) NOD. Take some time and find a service rep that treats you with respect. I would chose one that has an office right across that hall from the VA Adjudicators.

Focus on the claim(s) that are going to get you to 100% with the least amount of resistance. File for TDIU ASAP.

You live very close to the RO. Take a friend or partner with you, and make a copy of your claims-file.

Hang in there! ~Wings

• HadIt.com Elder

... This was increased to 70% for PTSD and 10% for tinnitis in November of 2009...

I tried contacting another rep and just got this - oh, you want to appeal?.

The way I read 'stilltrying's posts here, He has not filed a "Notice of Disagreement" yet. And the right to appeal clock, started ticking sometime in November of last year...

There may be only days left to appeal. If that is the case then, JMHO, grab a piece of paper and write a note to the VA that sent you the denial letter,to include your VA claim number, and simply state that you disagree with their decision of November, --, 2009. If possible you could go to your VA regional office and ask them to time stamp the thing. You can sort it out later and find a rep.

~~ P.S. Sorry wings, carlie and stilltrying, for my bend in this thread earlier. I just found it notable stilltrying mentioned that the VA added more disability claims on to the original ...

Edited by Commander Bob

Carlie, And the frown :( is for ?

The vet is asking for help. You may have hijacked his thread with CB's questions. Too many question at once = information overload. Maybe try one question at a time?

Wings,

The frown is because I asked the questions that will need to be answered in order to help this member

and the member ended their reply with,

"My point is that I NEED HELP. I am asking for a contact or representative who can help me - whether it is the VFW, DAV or whatever organization may be of assistance."

So, if all they want is the name and/or number "for a contact or representative who can help",then I sure as heck wish I hadn't

wasted my time any energy by making my original reply to them.

Perhaps you have a number for a contact or representative for her.

And as far as you telling me "Too many questions at once = information overload.", what - am I not allowed to post

my questions just like anyone else here ? ? ?

I guess I could have done it like the VBA does and string it out forever, you know like get about 4 or 5 different threads

going on it.

You asked for help and you got a ton of information from a very knowledgeable source.

Make a copy of Carlie's questions and take the issue's one at a time. That's what I had to do with a reply Berta gave me and found it very helpful. The Elders have a wealth of knowledge to share with us. We might get over-whelmed with the responses, but by making a copy we can take a deep breath and some time to look at each issue. You are just very frustrated right now, but you ARE getting some help here, so stick with us.

Lorraine