Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

When Malpractice Leads To

Berta

Question

http://lawmedconsultant.com/1370/lexington-va-hosp-nurse-awaiting-trial-for-murder-of-patient

“Patients and staff alike have died under suspicious circumstances in the ICU at the Lexington, KY Veterans Affairs Medical Center. One nurse is out on bail awaiting trial for the murder of a patient who had been expected to die at any moment, and another whose body was found in a staff restroom locked from the inside remains a death of undetermined cause.”

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Berta,

Thanks for the post.

The last part of this story really got to me.

" Eventually, it was determined that Chain’s family had nothing to do with the death, and Whitt admitted that she had administered all of the extra doses.The indictment says Whitt “willfully, deliberately, maliciously and with premeditation and malice aforethought” injected Chain with “lethal levels of morphine,” killing him. If found guilty, she could be sentenced to life in prison and fined $250,000, and face the possibility of five years’ supervised release, according to the indictment."

I love this part too,

" If found guilty, she could be sentenced to life in prison and fined $250,000,"

heck if you get life in prison how are you to possibly pay the $250,000 - I guess the goobermint could grab any assets she may have.

This just makes me question why the tax payers have to foot the bill for the prosecution and defense of the crime.

Hell - she admitted to it, all there should have to be is a date for sentencing.

Our judicial system is just as poor as the VBA system.

JMHO.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

• HadIt.com Elder

I will give an opinion but it must be done via PM.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Wow,,,, now,,, WOW!!! OMG!!! I simply don't know how to respond to this. I'm shaking!!! What is going on with the VA hospital's?!?!?! Who do we trust if they are all we have??? We did our part now,,, why can't they do theirs??? Who protects the veterans?!?! We have to bring noise to this!!! By no means do I mean violence,,, however,,, something needs to be done. I volunteer my medical records,,, I volunteer being interviewed,,, I volunteer,,, as scarred as I am,,, I volunteer.

Something must be done,,, but what??? How do we get heard and taken serious?