VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Want To Build Super Computer

gp747

Definitely check on computer recyclers in your area.

Free Geek in Portland gets scads of computers that often have no problems at all- you might just put a hard drive in them, or purchase them for a low price instead of spending more for parts.

Schools and other agencies dispose of good computers also.

Ya might see if those sources can help you instead of buying everything.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I have been and not successful yet is trying to get hold of someone in DLA (Defense Logistics Agency). This is the Agency that is in charge of disposing all Government property. The government disposes of 1000s upon 1000s of computers and computer related parts. There are DRMO (Surplus Storage Sights) through out the country. I would like to get DLA to give all Disabled Veterans the authority to visit and shop for computer and computer parts. The hard part is gettin g through all the red tape. If, any one else has ever worked or had dealing s with any DLA and/or DRMO, please chime in.

Papa

Hey that would work,look at it this way with a computer a vet has a better chance of finding what is right for him, be it a job ,voc training, endless possibilities.

I just cannot imagine filing a claim without one,and if it had not been for a computer and guidance from hadit and sites like it i would never have won my claim. I was able to instantly contact senators congressman,and keep up with my claim through IRIS.

I sure would help in any way i could though i have a lot to learn putting one together is pretty simple,you know just a basic computer.

I would be willing to go around in my surrounding area and help the vet get familiar with logging on the various sites to get help and teach what little i know to them.

I really believe this would help a lot of down and out vets who have given up and need a leg up ,not to mention the bvet is going to feel better about himself knowing he has the power of the computer and the friends of hadit and other helpful sites.

I know what would get the word out allocate 10 computers to those who want tp participate, then let the service officer for each area allow you to put a notice in their office and give a number where you can be contacted.

This would be of benefit to the service officer as the vet filing a claim will not have to worry them about questions and status of claims they could get the answers to most of their nquestions on the internet.

I really believe this idea would help a lot of vets who do not know the ropes and have given up.

My son works for a computer hosting company, and they actually lease their computers. Also, found out that a lot of the local government agencies actually have a no computer donation policy, can you believe that crap. Don't give up that easy. Another thought is maybe the VA at Vet Centers, and other VA locations could have a computer room set up for all Veterans to use. I will keep trying to get other sources.

Papa

Hey that would work,look at it this way with a computer a vet has a better chance of finding what is right for him, be it a job ,voc training, endless possibilities.

I just cannot imagine filing a claim without one,and if it had not been for a computer and guidance from hadit and sites like it i would never have won my claim. I was able to instantly contact senators congressman,and keep up with my claim through IRIS.

I sure would help in any way i could though i have a lot to learn putting one together is pretty simple,you know just a basic computer.

I would be willing to go around in my surrounding area and help the vet get familiar with logging on the various sites to get help and teach what little i know to them.

I really believe this would help a lot of down and out vets who have given up and need a leg up ,not to mention the bvet is going to feel better about himself knowing he has the power of the computer and the friends of hadit and other helpful sites.