Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally, Dx & Sc & Ssd Granted For Ms

Rate this topic

autumn

want to thank hadit.com and posters here who helped educate me regarding VA claims, etc.

the VA SC'd my MS recently after 24 years of mis-diagnosis and mis-med-labels. the C&P doctor took no time at all to diagnosis MS and write SC in his assessment. i still never had a VA neuro diagnosis me. WTF?! seriously, how crazy is that?

if not for this site it would never have dawned on me to seek assessments from non-VA doctors via my own savings. guess it was worth it. all of them diagnosed me with MS in short amounts of time. all VA neuro's dismissed those reports, and wouldn't help with getting them in my VA records. happy to say they treat me a little different now that the C&P/VRO granted a diagnosis of MS and SC.

even though the VRO and C&P stated my MS started on active duty 24 years ago they only sent a 2 year retro check. guess that is standard as now i will get my secondary MS issues tacked on and then request the full 24 years retro. plus their diagnostic codes have been incorrect for my spinal herniations and disease. so i'll file a claim for those issues too.

don't know what is in store now, but a bittersweet feeling exists that someone finally listened at the VA. no one wants this creepy MS stuff for sure. but to have it and get dismissed via VA health rationing just made it worse. and, many of us have to spend our own money and seek help outside the VA just to get the VA to do the right thing. [doesn't make sense to me at all]

many thanks to all veterans here and to Dr Bash, the PVA, and my non-VA neurologists and my MS support groups. Dr Bash clearly exposed the truth in my medical records that had been there all these years. Glad I found him, as i was never able to find a doctor at any VA that would write anything remotely in my favor...an that just flat weirds me out.

still work to be done but the main hurdle is behind me now...

mucho gracias to all

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

autumn ....

Bittersweet victory for you, one my husband and I understand all too well.

Your perserverance paid off .... good for you to take charge and get what you needed to get your sc.

It shouldn't work that way, VA should be listening to every Veteran and awarding the benefits and compensation

that is rightfully theirs. We felt the same way when my husband was finally sc after an almost 8 year battle.

I stand up and applaud you on your "sweet victory" autumn !

VetsLady

VetsLady and, Proud to Be

WOW -this is Great News!

I sure agree-it is unfair for any vet or widow to have to get a costly IMO but that is often the only way to succeed.

I got 2 separate IMOs from Dr. Bash and when the VA finally read them (they ignored them for years)my claim was awarded right away.

He was ticked off about that. Ignored from 2004 IMO then 2006 different IMO and finally read by the BVA 2009.

"if not for this site it would never have dawned on me to seek assessments from non-VA doctors via my own savings."

The cost of IMOs has to be thought of as an investment that can easily be absorbed by a few comp checks that might never come without the IMO.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Berta,

>>I got 2 separate IMOs from Dr. Bash and when the VA finally read them (they ignored them for years)my claim was awarded right away.

i didn't realize this in your case. they ignored them that long!!! gee, so many veterans they do this too, it boggles the mind. Congress should be forced to use the VA during their terms, i bet then changes would be made!

VetsLady,

happy for you two also. what a climb for you two also!

• HadIt.com Elder

I think VA doctors have an obvious conflict of interest. If they write that your problem is service connected they may be hauled on the carpet. If they don't write what they really feel about your condition's origin they break their oath I think. Well, the oath goes out the window usually. I had one VA doctor who would actually write opinions for me, but I lost her. She got kicked upstairs. Now my doctor is good but will not write opinions for SC.

'john999'

>>I think VA doctors have an obvious conflict of interest. If they write that your problem is service connected they may be hauled on the carpet.

this most certainly seems to be the widespread method of operation these days, no matter what VA. with that said, then they most certainly go the way of minimizing the complaints and symptoms of the veteran to lessen the possibility of SC. or so it seems to me.

>>If they don't write what they really feel about your condition's origin they break their oath I think. Well, the oath goes out the window usually. I had one VA doctor who would actually write opinions for me, but I lost her. She got kicked upstairs. Now my doctor is good but will not write opinions for SC.

i would agree. i guess they get "corrupted" by the VA system just like politicians whom for the most part start off with good intentions. but to keep from being hauled on the carpet, the VA system "corrupts" the doctors.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use