Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Closed 3 Weeks Ago Still No Communication From Varo

Rate this question

his.sparrow

Question

Through email and phone correspondence with IRIS I have discovered that my 8 month old claim was "CLOSED OUT" on 5 NOV 2010. Today is 27 NOV 2010 and 3 full weeks later I have not received payment or the big brown envelope. Am I being ignorant to assume that the terminology "Closed Out" meant that the claim had been completed in entirety. I would be grateful for any suggestions, comments, or explanations. Why does it take so long to find out the verdict after all the 'hard work' and decisions have been made?

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You are so right!!!!!

My neighbor told me he filed claim for hearing loss due to explosion on board ship in Africa many years ago,

I asked what the outcome was and he said he had heard nothing from VA and 20 years had passed already!

He griped about it to me but refused to look into where the claim went or re open it.

I would have never succeeded at all if I had not stayed on top of my claims.

I always ask IRIS the status and the whereabouts of the claim and if the PC indicates my most recent evidence submissions.

Yep. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" my Dad used to say. If you want benefits, you have got to squeak and keep squeaking, over and over until the VA gets tired of listening to your squeaking until they finally do something about it. Patience is a virtue and is required of the VA, but if you dont keep up on your claim, the VA will assume you abandoned it. Its crazy. On one hand they tell people not to call and check on your claim too often...to be patient and let the VA take their sweet time, which they will. On the other hand, if you dont check on your claim often enough the VA will assume you abandoned it and shred it.

What seems to work is to check on your claim about once every one to 3 months.