VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Aid And Attendance - Memory Test?

Rate this topic

Maybe you'll luck out like Carlie did recently and get a sympathetic nurse/examiner that will work with you.

Big HUGS,

Lorraine

Lorraine,

Not to get off topic but I don't remember getting one of the above : -)

I did have a GREAT VAMC PCP, at one time.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Founder

Well, thank goodness that is over, deceptively simple looking - brain frying experience. I have to say the environment was quite friendly and the whole experience very non adversarial they accommodated my requests without any problems, everyone was very nice and professional. After words my brain did feel pretty fried, I went home ate and after some time passed I went to bed, I woke up this morning just fine and it was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Of course my little PTSD mind can imagine very bad things :) I am always asking myself valid or PTSD about my thoughts, actions, feelings and such, much of the time I then back up it by asking my therapist what she thinks. I have a wonderful therapist.

Thanks for all your help and kind words of support both here on the board, through email and such it really helped knowing you were all behind me and that when it was over you would all be here waiting for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Founder

Well they got the results back from the memory test and while they didn't use the term swiss cheese that's kind of the impression I got. Which is great for my claim and does prove to myself and my family that yes I really am that forgetful, though you know it's always tough seeing it in black and white, but I've had this problem for awhile and I compensate for it in many ways.

So now anyone care to read the tea leaves? I am wondering from any SMC experts out there what I might expect to get, I have no amputations and am currently rated 100%, 50%, 40%, 0% SMC S + SMC K all different parts of the body, I have also been rated as permanent.

So I am thinking if I get approved this would = SMC L or L1/2 any thoughts from anyone?

Tbird

The Details of SMC regulations are contained here:

http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/regs/38CFR/ … S3_350.DOC

However, the Military order of the Purple Heart has a training manual on SMC that seems to explain it better, here:

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:SReivIaT_qgJ:www.purpleheart.org/ServiceProgram/Training2010/Tuesday%2520Training%2520Outline%2520NVLSP.pdf+smc+veteran+memory+loss&hl=e

• Founder

Good info thanks for the assist! MOPH is a bit better I think also.

Tbird

The Details of SMC regulations are contained here:

http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/regs/38CFR/ … S3_350.DOC

However, the Military order of the Purple Heart has a training manual on SMC that seems to explain it better, here:

http://docs.google.c...emory+loss&hl=e

Lorraine,

Not to get off topic but I don't remember getting one of the above : -)

I did have a GREAT VAMC PCP, at one time.

Carlie

Sorry, got behind on reading posts with the Holidays "at my throat". Guess I goofed, my recollection was that when you had that horrible sinus/tooth episode and were leaving the VA clinic because you were not willing to be seen by a practioner where'd you'd been assaulted, that a nurse came after you to find out why you wouldn't see anybody and that she re-routed you to a female physician. Heck, she could have been a real Nurse Ratchett and complete BEE-ATCH for all I know! I made the erroneous assumption that she'd helped you. Since I'm a retired RN, guess I was hoping that she reached out to you, but have enuf miles behind me to know that often ain't the case!

Lorraine