Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ischemic Heart Disease Award

Rate this topic

JustPLS

Thank you all! All things considered, I am quite pleased with Buffalo's decision. I might disagree with their staged ratings by a month or so, but I can see the logic they used and it seems fair. I hope you all receive fair treatment with any claims you have, too. Merry Christmas one and all!

Pat

Pat

I wonder if I would have all the medical conditions that I have now if I had never joined the Army. I'm pretty sure the answer would probably be no. When I look around and see others my age who were not in the service, most of them look pretty healthy.

Do you think all the employees of the VA really understand that it is ONLY because we served that their positions even exist?

'67-'68 1st Cav, '69-'70 101st Abn

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Great News. They finally got it roght.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Just in time for Christmas, I received my big brown envelope from Buffalo this afternoon. I was awarded 100% P&T for my ischemic heart disease claim, and also was awarded SMC-S for my other service connected disabilities.

I first filed 7/8/2009 for coronary artery disease as secondary to PTSD, and had a C&P exam on 9/21/2010. The VA assigned 30% from 7/8/2009, 60% from 6/17/2010, and increased it to 100% on 9/21/2010. My METS were estimated at the C&P exam as being between 0 and 3, my LVEF was 51% and 55% (2 different tests).

I hope all of you that are awaiting claims hear something soon and that you have a very merry Christmas!

Pat,

This it is such a thrill to read about your success! Know you and yours will have a wonderful Christmas this year!

Your friend...

CHR49

"I am quite pleased with Buffalo's decision."

Hopefully things have changed there.In the total of well over ten years of my dealing with them-ten years of active claims, they never considered my evidence so I was glad my AO claim went to Philadelphia-it wasn't just me by any means-many claimants have had problems with Buffalo Regional.

"I might disagree with their staged ratings by a month or so, but I can see the logic they used and it seems fair. I hope you all receive fair treatment with any claims you have, too. Merry Christmas one and all!"

Thank you and same to you!

When you have time and feel like it ( but make sure the NOD year doesn't slip by-it could pay to check their rationale on the staged ratings and also check the retro by comparing it to the historic rate charts at the main VA web site.

That is where many errors can occur-in the retro calculations.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

"I am quite pleased with Buffalo's decision."

Hopefully things have changed there.In the total of well over ten years of my dealing with them-ten years of active claims, they never considered my evidence so I was glad my AO claim went to Philadelphia-it wasn't just me by any means-many claimants have had problems with Buffalo Regional. I wasn't quite so happy with my last claim, but I think they did a pretty good job on this one. The only thing I am really waiting for now is the outcome of a TDIU claim that I had pending. If approved (and it should be) they should give me another 4 or 5 months of retro to 100%. I expect to hear from that one soon - they may just ignore it now, though.

"I might disagree with their staged ratings by a month or so, but I can see the logic they used and it seems fair. I hope you all receive fair treatment with any claims you have, too. Merry Christmas one and all!"

Thank you and same to you!

When you have time and feel like it ( but make sure the NOD year doesn't slip by-it could pay to check their rationale on the staged ratings and also check the retro by comparing it to the historic rate charts at the main VA web site.

That is where many errors can occur-in the retro calculations. I will do that, Berta, and thanks for the tip!

Pat

I wonder if I would have all the medical conditions that I have now if I had never joined the Army. I'm pretty sure the answer would probably be no. When I look around and see others my age who were not in the service, most of them look pretty healthy.

Do you think all the employees of the VA really understand that it is ONLY because we served that their positions even exist?

'67-'68 1st Cav, '69-'70 101st Abn

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use