Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

sbrewer

Question

I've written about this before, but I think I might be confused about something...

My husband had toe surgery(non sc), and the podiatrist screwed up the toe. He is still having severe pain, which he had before the surgery(had to go to red team and get a shot today) and now the toe joint is fused together and will not bend. His podiatrist will not have anything to do with him and his primary care dr. sent him to PT which he completed to no avail and tomorrow he sees a neorologist. Anyway, he filed an 1151 claim which was denied I beleive they said it was not due to his sc condition. Well, no it wasn't, but don't you still file an 1151 for this or is there something else? His so has filed a nod or whatever you file but we have not heard anything else. Any ideas would be appreciated. And what about a tort?

Thanks,

sbrewer

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Yes- with that new info I would allow the 1151 claim to remain but also file a secondary claim for the toe problem as secondary to depression.

Many might think this is not a serious matter with the toe but I can tell you- I had a minor foot problem when I raised livestock and ,although it is gone, it did depress me as well as hurt a lot.

My herd was pastured on the slopes of the hills around here-and there are plenty of glacial rocks in NY soil-

it was a small bunion but boy did the terrain make it hurt until it was removed.Not to mention when we had to pull in the hay.

I would certainly claim it both ways-secondary SC and also 1151.

(I deleted the other post to see if I could add a pic of those hills and my farm here)

Yes- with that new info I would allow the 1151 claim to remain but also file a secondary claim for the toe problem as secondary to depression.

Many might think this is not a serious matter with the toe but I can tell you- I had a minor foot problem when I raised livestock and ,although it is gone, it did depress me as well as hurt a lot.

My herd was pastured on the slopes of the hills around here-and there are plenty of glacial rocks in NY soil-

it was a small bunion but boy did the terrain make it hurt until it was removed.Not to mention when we had to pull in the hay.

I would certainly claim it both ways-secondary SC and also 1151.

(I deleted the other post to see if I could add a pic of those hills and my farm here)

post-868-1150926539_thumb.jpg

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.