Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ihd

Rate this topic

EdB

Just wanted to thank you all for help with my problems. I did get a letter from the VA yesterday and they have given me 30% SC for my IHD. I filed on May 28, 2010 so I thought that was pretty quick considering all the claims pending. I still have a claim pending on my back and copd.

EdB

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to thank you all for help with my problems. I did get a letter from the VA yesterday and they have given me 30% SC for my IHD. I filed on May 28, 2010 so I thought that was pretty quick considering all the claims pending. I still have a claim pending on my back and copd.

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR AWARD!!

How did you file COPD? My husband, who served in Vietnam, has asthma. We did not know how to file this, since his Pulmonary Fibrosis was denied.

If we can ever get his military records, we can see where they notated his broken ribs. He has back trouble and may need to go to an orthopedic doc to see if this is why he is having such back problems. He has shrapnel right next to his lower back spine. Then we could file if it could be related.

Thanks and we are happy for you!

Rockman's wife

You know that "It Is What It Is" and I really am Doing the Best that I can ..taking one day at a time.

God Bless all!

Hooray for you on your IHD award!! Let's hope you have as good of luck with your other claims.

Lorraine

Great news Edb

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Hello Edb, This is great news. Congratulations. I presume you were Vietnam vet so that the new DVA presumptives put you to that award. I also think that since the cardio farction ratings are what the VA awarded from the rating schedule list, I would remember that you might consider an appeal for a higher percentage. Please review that award and compare to your cardiology reports and remember you have a year from the date on your award to file an appeal for a higher rating. Just wanted to throw that out there.

I too am awaiting the long process since 2007 , and have IHD at myocardial infarction of 44. I think this is suppose to put me at about 60 percent but I am just going off my memory from the VA rating charts. My problem is that I am a survivor from Fort Greely , outside of Vietnam and the VA does not like to look at that. Even though I have AO records showing it and how I was exposed, they are still denying me. And I have numerous IMO's and VA nexus letters, reports showing the link.

Berta ,,,,,,Berta,,,,,, Berta........ Somehow my dear , I just cannot see you coming down a chimney.....Love your suit.

Once again thank you for your service, your tenancity to hang in there and your award. God Bless, and remember .....

NEVER GIVE UP. C.C.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use