VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Awarded Increase!

Rate this topic

mags1023

Carlie, that is an exact description of my home LOL. Thank you for your help. I've got a couple of issues with effective date and 30% for MDD instead of 50%. The NOD is in the works!

mags,

That's the one I was referring to.

If you ever hit 100% P&T you will be exempt from FL property taxes

on your primary residence.

This includes if it were a 5 million dollar waterfront estate.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats! I too, went from a low ball rating to an increase, but the key is to stay on top of it, and try your best to stay organized. One thing I did learn is the VA loves paperwork. It is almost like you are doing the rater a favor by providing copies of everything you previously sent....or at least that is how it is in the Atlanta Regional Office. I am now receiving 100% Totally and Permanent, plus getting SSD on top of that. From what my accountant says, the VA disability is something I do not even report, and I have received a 1099 for the SSD.

It is about tax time and I am wondering, since I am paying taxes on my home, can I itemize too? Is it even worth fooling with (itemizing)? Should I just used the 1099EZ and be done with it?

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats! I too, went from a low ball rating to an increase, but the key is to stay on top of it, and try your best to stay organized. One thing I did learn is the VA loves paperwork. It is almost like you are doing the rater a favor by providing copies of everything you previously sent....or at least that is how it is in the Atlanta Regional Office. I am now receiving 100% Totally and Permanent, plus getting SSD on top of that. From what my accountant says, the VA disability is something I do not even report, and I have received a 1099 for the SSD.

It is about tax time and I am wondering, since I am paying taxes on my home, can I itemize too? Is it even worth fooling with (itemizing)? Should I just used the 1099EZ and be done with it?

You need to ask this question of your accountant. Or, at least, I would..............and I would CERTAINLY NOT take the tax advice that I would give to you on this here "hadit" board :rolleyes: !

jc- You DO NOT report any VA disability on your tax return. The SSD is reportable, but whether it is taxable depends on your income. As far as itemizing, you need to realize that for a married couple, your standard deduction is $11,400.00. So, you need to compare your standard deduction to your itemized deductions to see which benefits you the most. Your Accountant should be able to help you with this.

Papa

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use