Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Award For A O Thailand

Rate this question

rthomass

Question

I made one of my periodic tours to my AO to let them know that I was stillone of the Viernam War Veterans that ply the hall of the hospital and The Regional Office. The real reason was that I had received Blank forms ; you know the ones they send you after you have submitted a claim.

Now I want to let you guys I am close to the Louisville, Regional Office (9 miles) so that is the one I use. Now you say so what they want the Vet to fill out the forms and return them to them so they can proceed to process the vet's claim. Now these blank forms have the Louisville Regional Office Ltterhead. Now you know i've gone off the deep end..............not so quick guys the envelop was dated 22 January 2011. I had already taken these form to the Louisville Regional Office ,October 2010, all nicely fille out and duly stamped by the Louisville Regional Office. The counsellor was totally befuddled.....aren't they always.

On top of all this a thorough search of the office failed to find my claim. Now mind you I have lost 60 days to date. I gave the RO guy a complete new copyfilled out all duly stamped and dated in October 2010. Now it only gets better. They appear to have no idea where my for Award For Agent Orange Exposure received September 27, 2010 was. I have a copy of my C&P conducted two month ago on this award.....Yep right! They have lost, misplaced, shredded, vaporized or what ever. This Organization is beyond help! A read of Hadit would really be an eye opener to them. Perhaps it should be mandantory.

I can tell you I feel like hell, I'm confused, Depressed and fell like this will never end. Guys as you know seven years of VA is enough for any soul. May the bird of Paradis fly up their nose and an elephant caress their toes! Well now I lay my head down to sleep hoping to wake up to a new bright world where the VA takes care of their Veterans because of th service to their county!

I can only think to get with my lawyer and prepare a letter and send it to their Inspector General. 7 years of litigations and now this !

Edited by rthomass

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I agree with John.

Can you cover the personal stuff and attach the September 27, 2010 Award letter the VA sent to you here?

As you know, the NHL regs are different than most other AO regs.That would surely be spelled out in the award letter.

In your case, I assume you had proven exposure to AO in Thailand and this award is one more victory for ALL Thailand veterans.That is a BIGGY! So it is important to you as well as other Thaiand AO vets to get this squared away.

But I still don't understand this:

"assume it is ths Doctor's review of Award CLaim Folder? Bear in mind that I that the C&P Doctor for Non-Hodgskins Lymphoma conducted his exam prior to his dated C&P finding of November 2010. The original Award date is September 27, 2010."

You received an Award letter for AO NHL dated Sept 27 2010 but then 2 months later they gave you a C & P for it?

???

Edited by Berta

Hello Randall, I am just kinda thinking out loud. Have you considered that your claim may have been moved to a different regional office? Especially with the new AO regs and Presumptives list being changed. Also the fact that Nehmer is now back on having to be looked at by all VARO's. If your claim has been reassigned to another VARO on the AO part then it does seem feasible that this is what may have happened. Have you asked them if it was sent off or are they just giving you the runaround? We all know that sometimes the claims get sent to other Regional Offices all the time.

They sent my claim off to Jackson , Mississippi and wasted a year only to get a denial on the Nuclear contamination part of the claim. So if they sent my claim off somewhere then they can easily send off your claim also. And most AO claims are being sent off because of the new adjudicators hired to help move the new presumptives list just put into effect about 6 months ago. If I were you I would contact them and ask that question and if they can't do it then maybe your lawyer and certainly your congressman , or senator could get it going for you , at least to locate your Cfile and claim. I know this is so frustrating and its another example of how inept these VAROs are and can be but its important to be patient and take it one day at a time , but above all.......NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Berta your statement "You received an Award letter for AO NHL dated Sept 27 2010 but then 2 months later they gave you a C & P for it?" tHAT IS A CORRECT STATEMENT.

The Captain has point but then again the claims under Nehmer,whch are being sent to different ROs, are for IHD, PArkinson's, and Hairy Cell B Leukemia in any past denied claim.

If I were you I would be on the horn calling the RO as well as that lawyer.I dont get what happened to you here.