VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Awarded W/ Retro

Rate this topic

Outstanding Bill!!! How long was the wait?

Thanks, all.

For this go-around, 15 months for everything. There was a remaining disability to be adjudicated on a prior claim, and I claimed TDIU during that process. The Cleveland Tiger Team pulled it from my local VARO, who (charitable mode: ON) were apparently swamped and just unable to get to it for a year. The Tiger Team handled it in 3 months, give or take a day. I also have to say that the VA point of contact at Cleveland was a genuinely pleasant person to deal with, gave accurate answers to questions, and they basically need to just clone him and have at least one of him at all the other VA offices. This is my second experience with Cleveland, both positive.

Having supportive comments re TDIU from my treating doc AND the C&P doc was helpful, if not crucial. I believe my "avoid calling VA when I'm cranky" rule is a good one, too. I think It helps me keep folks on my side (or at least not actively rooting/working against me) during the process.

Fortunately, I'm length of service retired from the Air Force so ID cards and CHAMPVA aren't issues for me. Property tax is, and car tags, etc. will be. Paying off bills felt good (got the back pay today!) and not having those recurring expenses will be an additional monthly "raise."

Edited by Bill (USAF Retired)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bull. Doesn't it look great to have a positive balance in your bank account. 15 months worth, pretty good haul. Enjoy it and get something nice for yourself and the family too.:rolleyes:

Congratulations!

I can just imagine, how good that must feel to finally pay off all bills and not owe anything to anyone.

Soon, we will be in the same boat and this is the one thing we are looking forward to most.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use