Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Im Confused Can Someone Tell Me What This Means

Rate this question

Bt40

Question

Im new to the site.I did a c and p for an IU(form21-8940) last year and I have a copy of the exam.The physician put in the notes that there was marked psycological over-lay(what does this mean).Im rated at 30% for ptsd but I did not recieve a c and p exam for ptsd.I spoke with a VA rep and I was told that they had enough evidence already on the ptsd I guess because I see a therapist regularly.And my IU claim is ready for decison.Do I have a good chance in having my IU granted.Need help Im confused.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are not working solely due to your PTSD then you have a good chance. I think they will bump your rating up to 70% before they grant TDIU. Are you on social security for PTSD?

• HadIt.com Elder

I'd need to see the C&P exam report before I could respond. Would you please block out any personal identity info(name, SSN, claim number, etc.) and scan/post it, here. Anything I could say, about it, w/o seeing the exam report, first, would just be a wilda*s guess. Thanks!

pr

I'd need to see the C&P exam report before I could respond. Would you please block out any personal identity info(name, SSN, claim number, etc.) and scan/post it, here. Anything I could say, about it, w/o seeing the exam report, first, would just be a wilda*s guess. Thanks!

pr

PR Im having problems scanning over the info to the site.But here is a brief summary of what the examiner said:it is not possible to give an opinion about this IU do to him not cooperating with the exam.So any opinion would be mere speculation.there is marked psychological overlay.During the exam i was told to do certain movements and i told him that i was in constant pains.

PR Im having problems scanning over the info to the site.

But here is a brief summary of what the examiner said:

it is not possible to give an opinion about this IU do to him not cooperating with the exam.

So any opinion would be mere speculation.there is marked psychological overlay.During the exam i was told to do certain movements and i told him that i was in constant pains.

Bt40,

The above is not good.

JMHO

If you are not working solely due to your PTSD then you have a good chance. I think they will bump your rating up to 70% before they grant TDIU. Are you on social security for PTSD?

Im not working and I did not recieve a c and p at all for ptsd.I applied for ssdi for ptsd and was denied.If they up my rating to 70% would that become tdiu