VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Was Hoping That I Wouldn't Have To Ask For Help.

Rate this question

Fosk

Question

I need some help with my form 9 but I don't know where or what to write. I have had 50% for migraines and just received 30% for MDD, in my SOC it states that I have PTSD but the IMO didn't state whether I was able to work or not so my TDIU was denied. The only thing I have done was to get a letter from my Phd doc and she wrote that i was unemployable due to a gaf of 44 and that I had MDD and PTSD with psycosis. I also scheduled an another IMO for march the 10th but if I don't need it I wouldnt mind not going. Any help would be appreciated as I am clueless on what to do. I can scan my soc and my increase letter but its alot of pages. Thank you in advance.~~~Fosk

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

It is only necessary that the Veteran have SI ONE time in order to complete the deed. Some Veterans who have committed suicide didnt not give red flags or warnings. Yea, sure, some people attempt suicide 8 times and never succeed. But others, out of the blue, with no apparent warning, take their own life. The VA does not know which type of person you are and needs to take your SI seriously. This is not about benefits...its a life and death matter, and Veterans are killing themselves in record numbers and the VA thinking SI is a joke is not helping!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, on another issue...TDIU. My goodness. If you were an owner manager of a resteraunt, would you want to hire a Veteran who had SI? Oh, my goodness. I would want that Veteran to seek out the mental health care he needed...and uncompromising and completely resolve this issue fully before I hired him and put my other employees at risk.

Remember...you as a Veteran are not required to lie to an employer to get a job...."Gee I am a Vn Vet..but no I have never had SI. " The VA cant require you to lie about your PTSD to get a JOB!!!!!

I have already gone the voc rehab route and they gave me a letter stating that I was not in medical condition to complete the program. I am going to get another opinion on the 10th, plus my VA doc wrote a letter explaining my unemployability from her previous diagnosis of MDD and PTSD with psycosis she states that I am unemployable and I am not to be around people. I'll scan both copies for posting once I find my Voc Rehab letter.

I have already gone the voc rehab route and they gave me a letter stating that I was not in medical condition to complete the program.

Is this "New and Material Evidence" or is this evidence in possession of the RO when they made your decision? Remember under Bell vs Derwinski, your evidence does not have to be in their hand, but it either is in their hands or SHOULD have been in their hands...

psycosis she states that I am unemployable and I am not to be around people. I'll scan both copies for posting once I find my Voc Rehab letter.

Now this sounds like N and M evidence.

If you are seeking an EED its important when the VA gets your evidence. A docs exam today saying you are unemployable or suicidal does not mean you will get an EED, unless he says somthing like you have been unemployable since 2001.

For an EED there are two issues: One, when did you apply, and TWO when did the "facts found" show you to be disabled, that is, when did the doc say you are disabled. You get the later of the two.