OIF VET 844

Question

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

P.S. also I've been at the decision phase since October 20th and filed for hardship in November...SMH!!

I've been at the decision phase for 220 days also..and i'm beyond frustrated!! from the state of Arkansas! Can anyone chime on this please...?

OIF Vet 844,

My claim has been in Development for over 365 days, and was just told that because I put in a claim for Parkinson's Disease (Agent Orange) that it will be delayed even more. I could raise hell, call my Congressman, etc., but instead I'm going fishing. Not giving up, but will not let them get to me. I really don't want to sound mean and uncaring, but I do not believe the VA gives a rat's putut about anyone's hardship. Maybe someone will chime in and tell me that I'm wrong. Please do not give up hope, that is what they are counting on.

Papa

• HadIt.com Elder

My claim took over 5000 days. A lot of folks here even waited longer. Many were financially ruined. Each individual claim is different in its own structure and its complexity.

We have definatly learned to practice patience as there is one true aspect of this ordeal. Time is a vague creature as it is the only guaranted thing in the world. The clock never stops.

Hang in there. I know frustration to the point of desparation. This ordeal is one time consuming process and the RO has many time extending attributes up their sleeve.

Basser

Well put John-

I heard from friend of mine today- whose claim took 12 years.

From NSC to 100 % P & T.

Lots of retro but also lots of losses before he got it.He was even homeless for a long time.

I agree with the others. About 9 months is not long for the VA...they like to delay much longer.

Maybe in a couple years you can consider filing a writ of mandamus....I dont expect that to do much good now. The Va will aways hide behind the "million man backlog"

Compared to basser, I am a "short timer" only having waited 9 years on my claim.

Edited by broncovet

I believe the VA use to figure, if they held things off long enough, the Vet would die and that would be that.... they relied on the grieving spouse to just be happy with any benefits he/she received....burial, headstone..... Well, they didn't figure on the grieving spouse taking up the fight, not just for their own benefits, but for the benefits due, in memory of their Veteran! Unfortunately, they may now figure, if they drag it out long enough, the Veteran AND dependents will all die off!

It saddens me, knowing, that so many of our comrades died, never receiving what they were rightfully entitled to.