Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Suspense Date?

Rate this question

Bigred122

Question

I finally had a change on my P&C claim today. It has been in the developmental stage since 8/9/2010 and today it has a column called the Suspense Date of 4/13/2011. I'm not certain what this means. They seem to be wanting me to show proof to them that my graves disease and diabetes was caused by Agent Orange. I was in the signal corps and had nothing to do with the spraying or handling of this Dioxin. I was just in areas where it was known to have been used. I don't have access to their records showing when and where it was sprayed. The only evidence I have that the two things are related is what scienitific evidence that says that contact with AO may cause Graves disease or Diabetes. The VA drs are the ones who diagnosed that I had these medical problems. I don't think that their is a direct corelation, just a MAY cause these problems. It doesn't say that they need anything from me. Just that suspense date. Should I call them? All suggestions are much appreciated!!

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Generally suspense dates are the next date they plan to look at your claim. They usually are set at 60 or 90 days, depending on what they might be waiting for.

pr

My suspense date states 16 December. Suspense dates in my opinion no longer mean anything due to the huge back log of claims. They have stopped updating suspense dates, at least for me

• HadIt.com Elder

Finally got thru on the 800#, and was told they are close to making a decision. They had to wait for information from the Walla Walla medical. Since I have never been there, the file will be small.

Oh Pete, I have some connections and might be able to get you a pt gig at the Afgani Comedy Store!! Just remember some things like "Shot Glass" and "Your Da Bomb" have different meanings over there!!:wink: (why do I always get the unemployed comedians)

It is not really a joke if you have seen it 1000 times over the years. Maybe do a little research on your topic and get it answered before you post.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

It is not really a joke if you have seen it 1000 times over the years. Maybe do a little research on your topic and get it answered before you post.

J

There was more to my post than just the suspense date. It was the question about top of claim said "no action necessary", yet bottom of claim had info needed from me on Walla Walla Medical center and more info needed on AO claim. That was my main question whether I should respond or not. I agree I screwed up when I thought I did a search on this site for suspense date but it was ebenefits that I had done the search on. But many others had already answered the suspense part of the post. Next time I will only ask ONE question in order to keep with the KISS method of posting.Thank you to those who answered without the added comments. Don't worry I won't be posting on this site anymore. Not as friendly as I thought it was.

I just checked my ebenefits account. The last "suspense dates" were back in December and January. Does this mean they have performed some sort of work on that portion of my claim and it is in progress? I also have an entry of "22TVC" any idea what that might indicate? Last week I received an update letter that stated my claim as still in the development stage. They did not ask anything from me to assist. Generally, how long is the wait from development to decision/rating? I have had o requests for any proof or documentation since January.

Generally, how long is the wait from development to decision/rating?

stinger,

If it's a Nehmer claim it should not be too long.

If this is an original claim (21-526) you will probably know something within

6 - 12 more months.

If it is not your original claim it could easily be 12-24 months more.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Just that suspense date. Should I call them? All suggestions are much appreciated!!

Bigred,

As it's already been posted suspense dates mean nothing to the VBA claimant.

Sure, call them if you want but just be prepared to get no answer or

an inaccurate answer.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.