Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Backpay Or Not?

Rate this topic

Have you contacted NVLSP?

http://www.nvlsp.org...eginsReview.htm

Their ao email addy and questionnaire is in this link.

They won Nehmer and are pro bono veteran's lawyers.

When they are aware of a Nehmer claim (and the VA was supposed to contact them with a list but many of us were not on the list)

they will review your decision, when it comes, to see if the retro is correct.

They sent me an additional questionnaire to the first one and I printed it off before I replied as it did involve checking some dates and past decisions for first denial date of IHD.

Then I copied their specific questions to Openoffice doc and inserted my answers in OpenOffice Doc and then sent them copy of that as email response with 2 email attachments.

Sorry I haven't responded to this sooner. But I lost the thread. I found it again because i do have some good luck!

I did send information about my claim to NVSLP. They wrote me a letter telling exactly what you said, that they would look at the decision and make sure it is the correct one.

To take it one step further, I read where a claim can be called "inferred". I've heard the definition of an inferred claim is that the veteran has a C&P for one thing, and another shows up and is mentioned in the C&P.

In my case, I applied for benefits for PTSD in 1993. In a 1993 C&P, (I have the copies), the doctor mentions my heart attack from 1993. All this at the same VA facility in Grand Junction, CO. NVLSP tells me they will make sure this information is on the decision, and if it it isn't, they will make the VA aware of it. Since I lost a piece of heart muscle in the 1993 Heart Attack, I can only guess at what percentage they would use or if they would consider it at all, but if they do, I think it sounds like retro from 1993 to when I got 100% in 2001, then SMC-S from 2001 to the present.

This would be a nice paycheck, but I am not counting my chickens.

I appreciate the opportuinity to tell my story here on this forum and read about so many others in practically the same situation, all of us waiting, waiting, waiting.

Good luck to all.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic