Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rating Team

Rate this question

Armyvet1987

Question

I called the VA hotline today to ask the status of my claim and they told me it was accepted by the rating team on march 2nd, after that it will go to a something or another team to verify your claim...Anyone have any idea this part takes, I started my claim October 28th, 2010.

• Answers 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I called the VA hotline today to ask the status of my claim and they told me it was accepted by the rating team on march 2nd, after that it will go to a something or another team to verify your claim...Anyone have any idea this part takes, I started my claim October 28th, 2010.

I haven't called the 800 number yet. I am registered on Ebenefits and they say there that I am in the decision process. It says there that claims should take 16 to 28 days and that my claim went to decision on March 24th. I filed on July 1, 2010 for heart disease and had a C&P in September 2010. I got a letter saying I was part of the Nehmer claims, (I had applied for service connection for heart disease and was refused in 2000).

Anyway, I'm waiting. As I look on the forums, some folks are getting claims rated and paid in a short time, some are waiting a long time. I don't know what to think or expect. All I know is that waiting is hard and dealing with PTSD makes it harder!

Your situation gives me hope. You started the claim on October 28th 2010 and you went to rating March 2nd, 2011. I filed my claim July 1, 2010 and went to ratinmg March 24th, 2011. So, no rhyme or reason. Typical bureaucracy BS.

Good Luck

Going to "rating" means absolutely nothing to the claimant.

Claim issues go from one section to another and back all

the time - this is a daily occurrence.

There is no way for a claimant to accurately track the status of their claims,

It's not a UPS package with only one destination.

The 800 # can't do it and neither can ebenefits on any type of a

regular basis, once in a while ebenefits is helpful but most of the

time it is not - and that is due to the above.

We get the decision when we get them.

Sometimes the money comes first.

My husband began his claim at the end of June 2010. His stuff went up to the rating board at the end of October 2010. We have been waiting since to receive his rating. Every time we call the VA, we are told his claim is still in the rating process but that right now the Phoenix VA (which is where his claim is being handled) is severely backlogged due to Congress's recent decision for Agent Orange claims. Apparently those claims have priority and everyone else has been pushed aside. What the heck is up with that? I understand that Congress should have allowed this business with Agent Orange to go through a long time ago, but why does everyone else have to be shoved aside?

My husband began his claim at the end of June 2010. His stuff went up to the rating board at the end of October 2010. We have been waiting since to receive his rating. Every time we call the VA, we are told his claim is still in the rating process but that right now the Phoenix VA (which is where his claim is being handled) is severely backlogged due to Congress's recent decision for Agent Orange claims. Apparently those claims have priority and everyone else has been pushed aside. What the heck is up with that? I understand that Congress should have allowed this business with Agent Orange to go through a long time ago, but why does everyone else have to be shoved aside?

Because the AO vets are dying daily and have been sheet on for far too long.

My claim was received on Aug 24, 2010 and went to rating on Oct 25, 2010. I called in Feb 2011 and they started some kind of "investigation" to find out why it had no activity. Now the only information I can get is that it was "scanned" on April 7th, but no one can tell me what that means.

Here's a funny story about eBenefits: I run half of the servers that application lives on but I cannot access it as a vet. They tell me that I'd have to drive to Waco, TX (a 4-hour round trip) to be personally identified by an ISO (Information Security Officer). Nice.

I don't know how close you are to San Antonio, but I went to the VA Hospital and got personally identified. But, eBenefits has never helped me.

Papa

My claim was received on Aug 24, 2010 and went to rating on Oct 25, 2010. I called in Feb 2011 and they started some kind of "investigation" to find out why it had no activity. Now the only information I can get is that it was "scanned" on April 7th, but no one can tell me what that means.

Here's a funny story about eBenefits: I run half of the servers that application lives on but I cannot access it as a vet. They tell me that I'd have to drive to Waco, TX (a 4-hour round trip) to be personally identified by an ISO (Information Security Officer). Nice.