VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Claim Denied - TRIGGERS

Rate this question

Winter

Question

I'm so upset right now, I can scream. I want to run, cry, shout, and then curl up and bed and sleep a few weeks. If I sound distressed, I am. The sad part is I feel like I'm being violated all over again. It's been approx 20 years since my stressor occurred. I was assaulted while asleep in the barracks. Let me first state that I was in the Army Reserve, and on annual training when this happen. I didn't know the guy, nor had I ever seen him before. I do know that the MP's apprehended him the same night. Apparently I was taken to the hospital, I have no memory of what happen after the incident. The next thing I remember was taking a polygraph. I'm sure of the results, but I do know I was threatened verbally and physically by military personnel. While I've tried to maintain a normal life, this incident has haunted every aspect of my life. For you see, I never knew if this guy was prosecuted. I do know that I was never contacted for a court hearing. I was too afraid to ask "did you all prosecute this assaulter?" My self worth suffered some many years, in so many ways. I finally filed for compensation, and while my CMP examiner agreed with the diagnosis from my doctor, I was denied. I received a call a few days ago, the examiner informed me that they coudn't find my orders for this duty station. I didn't have them after all this time, this was the reason for my denial. Do anyone have any suggestions how I could go about getting my orders from so long ago. I requested all of my military records. and no orders are there. A military comrade has a copy of those orders, but she refuse to give me a copy. Please tell me what can I do?

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Have you thought about applying under the new PTSD regulations.

It is my understanding under the new regs you do not have to provide proof of stressor like you used to and as the VA is apparently stating as the reason they will not grant your award.

You should just need a VA Psychiatrist to state the diagnosis. I am really surprised they denied you based on what seems to be missing duty papers?

Talk to a lawyer or VSO and think about doing a CUE based on the fact that you have a diagnosis and the new regs state you don't need to prove stressor anymore.

I am so sorry the VA is screwing you around. PTSD vets especially suffer with the VA BS. Just a little more stress for the all ready stressed out vet.

T4reat yourself, and take so time, but never give up, there are plenty of paths to take to get approval, and with the new regs you don't have to relive every little detail. Good Luck!

New PTSD regs: http://www.va.gov/PTSD_QA.pdf

• HadIt.com Elder

Winter

Remember, the VA's main motivation is that they just don't want to pay unless they have to pay. They don't care about you as a person or victim. It is just money going out the door in their eyes. It is not personal.

"What I didn't have was the original group orders. I've tried to contact the company, but 282nd Aviation Batallion no longer exists."

I got many hits on the net for 282nd Aviation Battalion.

Have you accessed them to see if they could produce some help?

Winter, hugs and more hugs... cyber-wise.

Berta has a good idea about checking out those unit-related websites. You might not have the orders, but there was a whole unit of people there with you. SOMEBODY will have the orders, or at the least, can give you a buddy statement that verifies that the unit was doing training at such & such a place & time frame.

The F*******G VA. They know how to track down orders, and they have a duty to assist. Especially when you have given the unit name, the time & location of the unit's whereabouts, an event with MP records.... But do they? No. (and the asterisks can be interpreted individually based on your own personal feelings about profanity).

The burden is always on the vet.

Sorry, rant mode off.

Winter I'm so sorry this is happening to you, and all you're suffering. Don't give up, okay?