Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Seeing Is Believing!

Rate this question

Bigred122

Question

Why does the VA even have a disability program if they aren't going to play fair? I learned early that the VA played the game of LIFE by their own rules.And if they didn't have a rule for it, they made one up just for us and it would only be used once so that it wouldn't be considered the rule of Law.Last weekend, I received my medical records for my first 2 years in the sevice from the NPRC. Being in sports all my life, I was a suck up the pain kinda guy, so I didn't go a medical facility unless it was emergency in nature. So my records were a whole 12 pages long.(I create more nowadays in just one day) And to make me feel like one of the gang, two pages were missing.Would you believe those two pages just happen to be very important to my claim?(Silly me, you all have been at this for years and have heard this story a thousand times.) I know we have people from the VA who come here. Can someone explain to me why these records disappear. Are they paid to process claims or are they paid to sabotage claims. It happens so regularly, it just can't be fate.It has to be on purpose.The odds at them losing 2 pages out of 14 and those 2 pages being key to me getting disability must be HUGE. They did screwup and leave 1 page that may help me on my AO claim from FT Gordon .I don't remember my visit to the hospital there, but it occurred after 2 weekends of guard duty at one of the AO dump sites.It showed a strange rash, dizzyness, diarreaha, and a strange weakness. It was on a important medical document from Basic trainning.One of the page/pages missing was a 4 day stay at the base clinic/make do hospital for unknown reasons. This was key evidence again to my exposure to AO. The other document was a visit to mental health DR. In the letter they sent with my records, they said to call and give them special permission to send other misc records. Of course when I called them today, they had no clue to what the record clerk was talking about. So I told them what was missing and they said they would check again. (Some things have to be authorized twice by me makes no sense)I told them I was up against a 4/29 deadline, so hopefully they will be found.lol I can't believe that there isn't some hidden rule that says to deny deny deny! Lets keep the playing field fair and just decide things on the evidence. It's too late for me now, but I suggest if your thinking about filing a claim, get ALL your records first. Then file your your claim. By filing first they know what records to make disappear. They are the dealer in this card game and they decide what cards we get or don't get.Thanks for giving me a place to vent.Deadline date is approaching in 2 weeks so the end might be near for dealing with this silly game. Get my approval/denial and then to decide what to do. A hundred trees gave their life, just to save a few more government jobs.Was it worth it? We will see!! Mike

• Answers 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Red

I spoke about Dr. Bash because he knows exactly what the VA is looking for in a medical report to establish a nexus. You can bargain with him about the cost. Maybe if you find a lawyer he will know some doctor who can do the same thing. I would bet that most vets who has PTSD symptoms before it was an official DX were discharged as personality disorders. There was a scandal about it in the last few years where the army was still doing it to soldiers home from Iraq or Afghanistan. The military simply believed they had found a cost free method of getting rid of sick soldiers. I knew soldiers who were frog walked out of the army right from army mental hospitals because the army decided their symptoms (self-medication via drugs and alcohol) were misconduct. Any vet who is claiming AO exposure and is not "boots on the ground" in Vietnam has a fight on their hands. I bet that ten years from now when Iraq and Afghanistan vets start to have mysterious symptoms we will go through the same decade of denials from the military and VA. It may be come chemical or disease that is unknown today, but the government will fight it, and those who claim it will be called frauds. Many will have to get sick and die before presumption for this chemical or disease exposure is admitted.

When I decided to research Dr Bash some more I found where he had charged one Vet $4000 for his opinion. Way out of my budget! Then I saw where two vets were debateing the use of independant Drs who were not directly treating the patient and I could see how this could work against a Vet if the Dr was used quite a bit for independant claims. Figured I or a truly independant Dr would be better for my case.

I truly believe that Our Gulf War Veterans were the reason that the system even took a second look at Agent Orange. So many of them were coming home with unknown medical issues that Drs could identify or deny that they didn't exist. That Congress made them research their problems as well as take a second look at the Agent Orange problem.( We all know that there really wasn't a FIRST look.But thats for another day) That now they can't ignore both groups. The numbers are too large and the proof yet to be determined completely.From all the internal reports that I have read recently, I believe that they are just now truly looking at everything with open minds. Time will tell. If they will let things be so that there is consisentcy in the programs and the trainning.

This is from a post I mad at hadit in 2006:

"Dont forget the Airgun win was from the VVA-

and I still have the treatise that Monte Wilson used for that award.

VVA was concerned because the vet had one of the two prime reasons VA denied these type of claims-

If the vet had history of IV drug use and/or had tattooes-they would say this caused the hep and deny the claim.

This vet had no drug history but did have 2 tattoes yet the VA granted hep c on the airgun because the study from England was consistent with a finding that air guns could carry Hepatitus C."

I contacted the VVA when I learned of this award.This was a study from England on Air Guns and Hepatitis.

That was probably 2 PCS ago for me but I got link from Monte and it was googlable.

BVA decisions do not tell us all of the evidence they used. There could have been more evidence for this award than we know of.

I am still disappointed the BVA never mentioned most of my evidence and they focused mainly on my IMOs.

The evidence I had that helped make those IMOs valid might have helped someone else.

All thru my records, both service and post service records all have in them many notations stateing no evidence of IV or other drug abuse or any sign of risky sexual behavior.Probably because I was good marrying material and was married 3 times.lol Which also is evidence of a mental disorder.lol Bertha, I'll try and find that study that you are speaking about. I don't have any tattoos or peircings for them to try and blame the Hep C on.I have enough scars and old wounds to add that character to my old age looks.lol I've taken enough UAs with the VA that they know there is no link there.I have no clue how they can possibly find a way to blame it on anything else.Don't think the ole "Blame it on the Toilet seat" theory would hold up. It outta be interesting what they come up with. Anyway I'm prepared for round 2 if need be. If they give me 100% total first time out, I will be happy with that.I'm not a greedy person. If they jerk me around, I'll just have to charge them for it, and having to deal with the BS is expensive.I Have lots of medical problems, but I don't think I have the $8000 limit.lol

If you want a good read, the OIG reports are full of informative information. It really openned my eyes to why things have gone the way/or not gone the way they should have in a normal system.

Next is to go thru the CAVC cases to find evidence or patterns of behavior on why they think or act as they do. They are paper hungry creators which in turn is their worse enemy.They provide the proof to their own demise if one is willing to look for it.

I don't ever remember seeing any changing of jet guns when somone got cut by gun slipping. They just wiped it off sorta and continued zapping GIs.I know when they did me, there was hundreds of us there to get our shots from many companyies. To be honest, I don't remember if it was in basic trainning or before I was sent over seas that they used the guns.By the number of shots, I would guess it was basic by my records.I just remember that many had as much as 3 different serums in them.(I lost alot of brain cells when I had my diabetic shock almost 2 years ago.) It's amazing how many people of all the services were given their shots by those jet guns for so many years.Surprized the numbers of infections are greater.

Ok I think I've answered all of the questions asked of me. Thank you again for all who have chimed in. I'm positive many will be able to gleen something out of our discussion/debates here. Thanxs, Mike

This is what I got back from the NPRC today. I had asked for the rules or regulations that prohibited me from getting mental clinic records and that they had to send to a Dr. What they sent me looks like something somone type up not an official document.What say you?? Thanks for looking. Mike

post-10497-0-73040800-1304191076_thumb.j

Lots of information on the internet connecting jet air guns and Hep C. Saw a claim Bertha posted here back on Mar 21,2007. I've attached another claim that has been approved for Service Connection. I've added it to my file/pile just in case I need it.lol Hope someone else can use it. Mike

http://hcvets.com/data/transmission_methods/SCimmunizationsbyjetgun.htm

After seeing Veldrinas post on a different thread about how the C&P exam Drs are writing flakey reports, I thought I'd share my exam as an example. Part 1 is the exam and Part 2 is his opinion on my Hep C part of the claim. The Boise hospital had 36% of their C&P staff failed their recertification last 01/10/2011. I tried to see if the Dr who did my exam was one of the 36% but they won't give out that information. My S-dates of 04/29 have now come and gone and they didn't reassign a new date. To refresh you on my claim, I originally only claimed for the Hep C screwup they did.But on the Form 526 so many of the questions I answered related to Agent Orange related problems, THEY added that to my claim as well. By the time I went to exam in Dec 2010 they had a total of 10 things total on the list. If you look at the C&P you will see that they are all over the place in categories. And since they have taken their time I have found about 6 more things I can add to my list the next time around.I'm gonna let them catch up first.It's funny when I was checking things out on the internet I found the Dr who did a biopsy on me and who volunteered the info that she could tell that the VA was at fault on my Hep C mal practice.I wrote her a letter 3 months ago to write me a nexus letter, but I never got a reply. Last week I saw that she was a published DR specializing in Hep C and she is not only affiliated with the Portland Medical Hospital but is also a big wheel for Oregon State Health University (OSHU) in their Liver transplant Dept. I found out she has a Facebook account so I will try one more time for a letter.Her credentials would go far on my claim. I also have retried to see if my early forced PCP will write a nexus letter on my AO part of my claim since that was one of his specialities. He owes me since he failed to let me know the options I had with botched surgery.(He was my PCP at the time.But also #2 man on hospital staff) He not only didn't tell me of options, he lied to me about everything. From what I have found about that time period, they not only were to notify me that I could file a tort claim, but were suppose to help me gather the info I needed to file such a claim. At that time they were also suppose to offer me a one time cash payment for their mistakes. The VA was firm on trying to clean up the problems and to compensate the Veterans fairly. None of this was ever told to me. This might be why he was forced to retire early shortly after I had filed my claim. With the right lawyer, all this should help me to get a 11/1997 claim start date.The illegal practice should out weigh the 2 year statue of limitations since I have just recently have been made aware of my past rights.But that is for another day.It's too bad Veldrina is an East Coaster and I'm a West Coaster, for I would be honored if I had her as a rater. But from my exam you will see why my claim is probably driving my rater crazy. He has so many wrong answers on his report, it will give me lots of grounds for appeals. I have an appointment with my new VA Dr on 05/13 so hopefully NPRC will get their Shyt together and sends him the info I request. Still trying to find the CFR pertaining to having to send mental clinic documents to a Dr instead of me. The government has numbers for ALL transactions. So I'm not buying their typed(no number)explanation.They have no reason to jerk me around, but why then does my neck feel like a whip lash.lol Happy reading or not!! Mike

PS Main file was too large to upload. So I will close this reply and create a readers digest version of my exam and post it shortly. Mike

C&Pexam2010Pt2.pdf