Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Waiting For Rating

Rate this question

westcoastlv

Question

Hi All,

We have been told for 1-month now that 'everything requested has been received' and next the claim 'will be checked for completeness' then it will go to Rating. This is a unique position, it seems as if they are telling me that they have everything that they've asked for, but they need to have someone check to see if they have everything they've asked for, then they will send it to the Rater.

I asked: how long does this period of nothingness take, and the answer was unknown, both on the phone as through IRIS. The claim seems trapped between two worlds.

Has this happened to anyone else, how long did the claim stay in limbo??

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Hi All,

We have been told for 1-month now that 'everything requested has been received' and next the claim 'will be checked for completeness' then it will go to Rating. This is a unique position, it seems as if they are telling me that they have everything that they've asked for, but they need to have someone check to see if they have everything they've asked for, then they will send it to the Rater.

I asked: how long does this period of nothingness take, and the answer was unknown, both on the phone as through IRIS. The claim seems trapped between two worlds.

Has this happened to anyone else, how long did the claim stay in limbo??

Thats very common. Happens a lot. You should hear something soon. Try and be patient and just remember, its like having $$ in the bank when you win your award.

Ok, the status of the claim remains the same: 'everything requested has been received' and next the claim 'will be checked for completeness''. As we're waiting, I did an IRIS inquiry and mentioned in the back and forth that there were some financial difficulties. The IRIS responder stated in an email that they had forwarded the info to the RO, and that I should follow up with the documentation. I faxed the info in the same day. That fax has not shown on ebenefits (but everything else has) and I just don't know what's going on. This feeling of suspended animation is frustrating. Of course the 800# clearly reads directly from ebenefits because they never have more info than me.

My rhetorical question is: HOW FRIGGIN LONG WILL THIS TAKE. This claim is on day #285 and still in development, although they have EVERYTHING!!!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

It'll take however long it takes and you should get used to it. You're dealing w/the VA, so there is no time schedule. My feeling is it should be resolved within the next 6-9 months, provided everything they've requested is there. jmo

pr

My claim has been at the "rating" stage since October 8th, 2010. All my documentation from when I was in the military matches everything I put in for...It seems like it will take for ever...

Edited by Armyvet1987