Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still Waiting For Bva

Rate this question

grent

Question

STILL WAITING 4 1/2 YEARS NOW FOR MY FORM 9 NINES TO BE CERTIFIED BEFORE THEY GO TO THE BVA.

I HAVE A COUPLE OF SEPARATE ISSUES PENDING BEFORE THE BVA. I HAVE A LAWYER EVERY TIME I CALL HIM THEY TELL ME THEY ARE IN WAITING MODE.

I CALL THE LOCAL VARO THEY TELL ME THEY ARE WAITING FOR MY FORMS NINES TO "CERTIFIED" BEFORE THEY GO TO THE BVA. 4 1/2 YEARS I HAVE LISTENED TO THIS BS.

LAST MONTH OUT OF NO WHERE A VARO I DONT EVEN DEAL WITH SENDS ME A LETTER AND STATES I NEED TO FILE YET ANOTHER FORM NINE DIDNT MAKE SENSE TO ME

OKAY HUM?? FOUND SOME OF MY FILE WAS FARMED OUT TO ANOTHER VARO DUE TO OVERLOAD.

ANYWAY I FILED THAT FORM NINE WITHIN THE 60 DAY LIMIT RETURN RECEIPT GREEN CARD I DID NOT BOTHER TO CALL MY LAWYER .

STILL NOTHING.------------- 4 1/2 YEARS FIVE MOVES LATER .

ANY THOUGHTS WOULD BE HELPFUL.

SORRY FOR THE LARGE TYPE MY EYES ARE GONE.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Grent

You are 100% P&T. The VA tells you that you may be eligible for SMC and retro for the TBI. I don't see what you are upset about. I would let my lawyer take care of these things. I would not write my congressman or do a writ. That is up to your lawyer to take care of these things. The VA got the lost records and acted on potential claims. When you have a problem with your claim you need to talk to your lawyer. If you go around him you are headed for trouble. Put all your questions in writing and ask your lawyer for answers. This is what he gets paid for. Your paranoia is working overtime I think.

• HadIt.com Elder

Grent:

The only issue that I can see with your claim now is for retro and you really were not clear if the VARO did that correctly. If you still have a lawyer there must be some issue that is outstanding and at this point I recommend that you let the lawyer earn their money and wait to see what has happened.

My questions now is what effective date did VA give you when they canceled TDIU and awarded 100% P&T.

What is the effective date for SMC?

Have you filed for Social Security?

When did you last work?

Pete

Grent:

The only issue that I can see with your claim now is for retro and you really were not clear if the VARO did that correctly. If you still have a lawyer there must be some issue that is outstanding and at this point I recommend that you let the lawyer earn their money and wait to see what has happened.

My questions now is what effective date did VA give you when they canceled TDIU and awarded 100% P&T.

What is the effective date for SMC?

Have you filed for Social Security?

When did you last work?

Pete

it has been so long i am thinking of going back to the DAV because this lawyer is just not moving here. I have not received one piece of mail from this lawyer at all. The lawyer i have does not do anything .

dont know what to do.

• HadIt.com Elder

Call your lawyer. If that fails send him a certified letter and tell him you are going to fire him if he does not communicate with you about your claim. Ask him about the writ. The DAV probably won't want to pick up in the middle of a claim that is in appeals. What is the name of your lawyer?