Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nehmer Claims

Rate this question

3trnamvet

Question

For all Veterans that have pending claims I sincerely hope that your claim is processed as soon as possible and that you get every benifit that you are entitled too. You have already earned those benifits and there is no reason that you should have to wait Months and Years to receive them.

I have noticed here on Hadit (as well as other websites) that is seems as though a lot of Vets are blaming the Vietnam Nehmer Vets because their claims are being delayed. PLEASE keep in mind that these Vets have been fighting for their benifits for 5, 10, 20, 30 years and some even longer. The problem is not with the Nehmer vets but with the VA system itself. Mine was a Nemher case that started in 1992 and it was finished in April 2011. I was awarded 100%schedular plus SMC. Thats 19 years that it took for me to finally get the benifits that I deserved.

I hope that each one will place the blame on the system and not on these vets because they have fought and suffered for many years just to survive long enough to get their benifits.

Good luck to everyone on your claim and I hope that you don't have to go through what the Nemher vets have been through.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

The bottom line is this: The new AO presumptive rules enacted place the effected Vets into Nehmer. The Beverly Nehmer decision is a court precedence opinion and affords the veterans involved with preferential claims treatment which by the way is also the case for any vet who has a court decision.

Some vets have posted negatively here about it but I think these were just misunderstandings.

Basser

i have been fighting SC connected illness since 1980 for my benefits, so I am on both sides of the fence, waiting a very long time for justice... and 20 years sick in bed.. with occaissional walks around the block.. to be put on hold over and over again..

with denials and appeals..

Retired.........I understand your flustration and I hope that you receive your benifits sooner rather than later. This post was for those that think the Nemher Vets are causing the delay in claims. The delay in claims (including nemher claims) is the result of a very badly broken VBA system.

Good Luck with your claim and I hope that you get the settlement soon !!