VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Very Large Retro!

Rate this topic

Vike17

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm new on this board so please excuse me if I'm in the wrong topic, or area, or whatever.

I've been dealing with VA for 3 years now. Trying to get "service connection". Looks like I'm about to receive it, along with TDIU.

My question is this:

What happens after they finally make up their mind(s)?

How will they notify me?

And, when will I receive my retro? I mean, how long will it take to receive the retro and the first monthly payment?

Thanks guys/gals. I appreciate what y'all are doing here.

Alan-I posted a detailed step by step reply to you on this TDIU form- did you get it?

I tried to find it and the screen said it (the topic)had moved-

Longrider-Welcome here Veteran- best place in town!

Why do you feel you have succeeded?

"Trying to get "service connection". Looks like I'm about to receive it, along with TDIU."

Has your vet rep given you some sort of a 'tip'?

I am assuming your evidence was dynamite-

Did you file the formal VA form 21-8940?

If you get SSA disability for the conditions you claim SC for- does the VA have your SSA records?

Did you claim how your meds affect your ability to be employed with their side affects?

Did Voc Rehab ever turn you down and does VARO know this ? (you have to tell them yourself- Voc Rehab records are kept separate from the c file usually.

If you have a clear current diagnosis and a proven documented nexus to your service-

with a ratable disablity and proof of TDIU - you should have no problem.

It looks like you have no SC yet but you applied for TDIU-

I had a vet whose private med records were so good, he got TDIU within 3-4 months with no prior VA rating.

He had fulfilled by private medical evidence the whole 9 yards.

And lucky for him, they actually read it all-

Have you called the 800 # for the status of your claim?

As soon as the VA decides a favorable award the check goes in the mail (or into direct deposit if you gave them that info)

I always got a check before the award letter came-

Veteran -I like people with lots of self confidence but after years of VA experience- I am curious as to what info the VA has given you that makes you think you will get TDIU?

We have a vet here with knock out evidence- waiting for a decision and he is preparing a NOD already!

That might sound very odd- but he is -even with his evidence-preparing himself for any potential denial-

In my War Plan for my present claim- I considered early on-every conceivable way they could possibly knock down my claim- and got evidence to support any rebuttal I needed-even 2 IMOs-

it is solid yet it got in the wrong stack-and I got lousy representation from a local vet rep-

Those claims that actually get read and worked on are in one stack and the others are consistenly denied.

The VA picks and chooses-

curious -have they sent to you a formal VCAA Notification letter and have you sent them exactly what they asked for?

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta,

Yup, I've gotten pretty good representation from VVA. They have this really good attorney.

And, it probably doesn't hurt that my Bro is a Fed. Dist. Judge. :unsure:

My "remand" simply asked that I get more documentation, such as my Social Security Disability records so I:

Managed to get "Statements in Support of Claim" from two guys that knew me before I went into the Corps, two guys that knew me when I got injured, and several folks that knew me immediately after I was discharged ( all this in the 60's, believe it or not ). Plus, I got medical "nexus" from two private orthopedic surgeons, one of which is the Clinical Professor of Orthopedic Surgery, Parkland-Southwest Med. School.

And, I got my Social Security Records, my State Department of Vocational Rehabilitation records ( one month from the time of my discharge ) from my exam conducted by their consulting orthopedic surgeon and the fact that they found me "disabled due to injury, left ankle, and qualifying for full support, etc.", and the fact that the above mentioned brother was the one that took me to my exams, the one that picked me up at the train station when I returned from the Corps ( on crutches, btw ).

The VA didn't even attempt to send me to their Voc. Rehab. (heck, I'm 60 years old and too darn tired to be rehabbed anyway! ).

So, maybe, just maybe, I might have a snowball's chance in hell of FINALLY getting SOME relief.

Whatda think?