Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Wonder Why The Va Needs More Info?

Rate this question

papabravo61

Question

Hello All, Today I recieved another request from the va for more info, this time from Social Security for my disability medical records,??? they(va) said that they have requested copies of those records and it may take a few months to receive a response..BUT the letter also said that i should send this evidence within 30 days?? now my question is why would they need these records when the have my va medical records and my ssdi decision award letter based on my s/c injury.. plus i don't have those records on hand anyway.. so does anyone know if the local ssd office( regional ) would have these and can i request them too? or wait on the va to gett'em and go from there? Thanks LHV..:smile:

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Hello All, Today I recieved another request from the va for more info, this time from Social Security for my disability medical records,??? they(va) said that they have requested copies of those records and it may take a few months to receive a response..BUT the letter also said that i should send this evidence within 30 days?? now my question is why would they need these records when the have my va medical records and my ssdi decision award letter based on my s/c injury.. plus i don't have those records on hand anyway.. so does anyone know if the local ssd office( regional ) would have these and can i request them too? or wait on the va to gett'em and go from there? Thanks LHV..:smile:

Most Likely they will wait on official copies from SSA. I would check with the SSA to ensure they have the VA's request for record copies.

I went through this same mess last year with the AMC. They said that they were waiting on my SSA records

before they could make a decision. This went on for months. I contacted the SSA and was told that they had

not received any such request from the VA. I contacted the AMC and told them what SSA said. A few more

months passed and I contacted the SSA again. They stated that I don't have any SSA records to send to the

VA. I contacted AMC again with this information and was told that they would still wait on a response from

the SSA, and not to contact them again concerning this matter.

I immediately contacted Congresswoman Hagin's office and explained what was happening. This was on a Friday.

The following Monday received communication from the AMC that they had all the information they needed and

would make a decision. WTH!!

This is why I don't believe ANYTHING that I am told by the VA unless I see it in writing. These people will

tell you anything on the phone.

Edited by Sidney56

I hear you Sidney, this was not a phone call.. this was a letter from my VARO telling me what they've done so far.. they say they need a reply within 30 days--- so-- should i wait or respond and say ok get what you gotta get.. or take matters in my own hands,.. get the records myself and cut down on wait time?..lhv :unsure:

I went through this same mess last year with the AMC. They said that they were waiting on my SSA records

before they could make a decision. This went on for months. I contacted the SSA and was told that they had

not received any such request from the VA. I contacted the AMC and told them what SSA said. A few more

months passed and I contacted the SSA again. They stated that I don't have any SSA records to send to the

VA. I contacted AMC again with this information and was told that they would still wait on a response from

the SSA, and not to contact them again concerning this matter.

I immediately contacted Congresswoman Hagin's office and explained what was happening. This was on a Friday.

The following Monday received communication from the AMC that they had all the information they needed and

would make a decision. WTH!!

This is why I don't believe ANYTHING that I am told by the VA unless I see it in writing. These people will

tell you anything on the phone.

I went through this stuff myself-

"so does anyone know if the local ssd office( regional ) would have these " that is quite possible

"and can i request them too?"I dont know if yo can get a copy from SSA but if they are at a local office you should advise VA where they are.

Sidney said "They said that they were waiting on my SSA records

not received any such request from the VA. I contacted the AM"

That is what happened to me and they even lied to my Congressman about this.

I called SSA in Baltimore and woul;d nopt get off the phone until someone gave me an answer as VA told my Congressman and 2 state Senators that SSA refused to release my husband's files.

It was BS pure and simple. VA had never even requested them from SSA.

Sidney-I NEVER buy what VA is selling unless I like it.

We have to become as Proactive on our claims as possible because the VA will lie.

Edited by Berta

I agree. This is what the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court (Roberts) meant when he stated that 70% of the time the VA takes a position, against the Veteran, which is "substantially unjustified".

• HadIt.com Elder

You can call it the old hampster wheel. Tricks to extend your wait. Delay Tatic,

I have seen them all. The ocasionally get creative and throw us a curve ball.

Hang in there.

J