Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Canceled Claim?

Rate this question

Armyvet1987

Question

Ok, so right now I am pretty upset, I called the 800 number to ask about the status of my claim. So after I gave all my info the guys says "Ok well your claim was closed yesterday" so I am thinking finally! Nope, he then tells me it was canceled... I asked why? He said well it doesn't say...It's doesn't say anything besides canceled. Ok, I know what everyone might be thinking, I didn't have supporting information...This is completely wrong...I had all my files from when I was deployed and with the army...Everything matched with what I was claiming...I have been told by a number of people that my claim is solid and should expect at least 70% SC at the least. So what is going on? Also I called my TBI case manger and she said she never has heard someone with the amount of evidence I have being canceled, and on top of that having no reason for it. Can someone please tell me this might just be a mistake or maybe they rated it and put canceled mistakenly? Thanks everyone.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

While whether or not to get a VSO is somewhat controversial, IMHO unless you have some significant knowledge of VA claims and CFR 38, as well as CAVC and BVA cases, you probably should get a VSO.

Probably the best way to get a VSO is to go either to your county Veterans service office, or they almost always have them at your VA medical center. Just ask the volunteer, "Where is the DAV (or VFW, PVA, etc) service officer?" They will probably direct you to his office.

Take your records with you, such as dd214, etc., and it may be a good idea to have a list of questions to ask your VSO. Be careful about depending on your VSO too much tho..they lose records, make mistakes, etc. like everyone else. Keep your own copies, and he should make them for you. You pay zero for a VSO. If they ask you for money, they are not a VSO.

Well I think I might have an answer to why my claim was canceled...yesterday I got a letter in the mail from the VA stating they are unable to send my C&P letter in the mail because of some kind of law and that it would be closed unless I want to appeal it, When I called the VA and found that my claim had been closed the person told me that the only thing open on my record was to obtain a copy of my C&P copy...So some dumb POS closed my claim instead of closing my C&P request...this is a huge set back...When they do fix my claim I pray they don't make it starting date to that day because I have been waiting for so long to get my rating...If it's to that day I am SOL...Thanks for all the help to.

Can you scan and post that VA letter here ? (cover the personal stuff)

This doesn't make sense to me.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

That letter is SOP when one requests their records using FOIA/ Privacy Act 5. USC 552.

You have the right to your med recs without using FOIA and a FOIA request only holds up a records request.

Do you have documentation from the VA in writing that your claim was cancelled?

I agree with Carlie as I too, in 20 years of VAOLA have never heard of a claim being "cancelled".

If your claim has been "closed" it is quite possible you can receive a decision soon.

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.