Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Canceled Claim?

Rate this question

Armyvet1987

Question

Ok, so right now I am pretty upset, I called the 800 number to ask about the status of my claim. So after I gave all my info the guys says "Ok well your claim was closed yesterday" so I am thinking finally! Nope, he then tells me it was canceled... I asked why? He said well it doesn't say...It's doesn't say anything besides canceled. Ok, I know what everyone might be thinking, I didn't have supporting information...This is completely wrong...I had all my files from when I was deployed and with the army...Everything matched with what I was claiming...I have been told by a number of people that my claim is solid and should expect at least 70% SC at the least. So what is going on? Also I called my TBI case manger and she said she never has heard someone with the amount of evidence I have being canceled, and on top of that having no reason for it. Can someone please tell me this might just be a mistake or maybe they rated it and put canceled mistakenly? Thanks everyone.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

Here is what you need to do and follow it to a tee.

1 Send an IRIS and get it in writing that your claim was cancelled and cancelled by whom.

Next step is: Do you have a VSO and have you filed a power of attorney with them?

I have a bad feeling about th is one.

Next step would be to contact Bergmann and Moore and let them review your claim.

Dont lose focus, there may have been a mistake, one of major consequence.

Keep us posted.

Basser

• HadIt.com Elder

The 800 number will tell you anything.

Always get their replies in writing with a formal IRIS question under the VA .gov websit ( Contact us).

J

Ok, so right now I am pretty upset, I called the 800 number to ask about the status of my claim.

So after I gave all my info the guys says "Ok well your claim was closed yesterday" so I am thinking finally!

Nope, he then tells me it was canceled... I asked why?

He said well it doesn't say...It's doesn't say anything besides canceled.

Well something sure doesn't sound correct with this.

First of all, a claim being closed sounds right but a claim has been "canceled" is not even

adjudication verbiage.

If they would have said the claim shows as withdrawn that's one thing but claims just

aren't shown as "canceled" as far as I've ever heard in at least 20 years of messing

with claims.

Send the IRIS and post the response.

Should I go to the regional office? It is about an hour drive but if that speeds up the process I would go. I need this claim, its all I have right now. I have been waiting since October to get my rating and its been a weight on my shoulders.

I think it would be worth your drive, with a bit of advice. It would be a good idea to call or IRIS ahead of time and ask them if it would be all right if you discussed this issue in person:

1. Dont alienate the employee you work with. Even if you think he/she is wrong, or even rude, dont get mad. You will get better results if you co operate fully, but that does not mean you cant ask questions.

2. Have a list of questions.

3. Bring your copy of your c file..look it over well, and look at the one the RO has, too, if they will let you see it. Ask. If they let you see it, see if there is anything missing or altered. Hopefully you are very familiar with your C file.

4. Let them be the "expert". Say, "Gee, I dont understand why this was "cancelled"? What does that mean? Wait for their answer, and write it down...as the RO reps name.

Rememeber, too, your fears could well be for naught. If this employee reported your case was cancelled, and that was 100% wrong, it wont be the first time that has happened. Telephone calls to VA give notoriously unreliable information.

Have you spoke to your VSO about this? He should know of this..and ask him/her to go to the RO with you..