• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Now It's My Turn

Rate this topic

Kim82

Kim,

I sure understand the feeling of relief and that hopefully

it's over for a bit.

But you had posted about filing for additional issues, so don't put that off too long.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Carlie,

I will be doing that next week this week I am still trying to recover from my surgery. I need to call and make an apt with my VSO to get that done.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats.

For the time line of your claims, you might want to go online and file through VONAPP, or call the 800# tomorrow and tell them what you want to file a claim for. Once you have done either of those 2 things your EED, or effective date of claim would be tomorrow. The sooner you start the clock on your claims the better.

what's this 'Vasovagal Syncope' like??

It sounds what I go through sometimes when I get a pancreas attack and I also have Portal vein and Splenic vien thrombosis and my blood pressure drops very low... I get very sick the the life drains out of me very fast,,, I start to collapse... my heart races... I am out of breath...

it's a horrible feeling,, and makes me feel like I wil die right then and there,,, I try to get to a chair or the bathroom, and it really makes me feel very, very sickly and miserable. also like a fever comes very quick with it... I am unable to describe how bad I feel when it happens,,

what's this 'Vasovagal Syncope' like??

It sounds what I go through sometimes when I get a pancreas attack and I also have Portal vein and Splenic vien thrombosis and my blood pressure drops very low... I get very sick the the life drains out of me very fast,,, I start to collapse... my heart races... I am out of breath...

it's a horrible feeling,, and makes me feel like I wil die right then and there,,, I try to get to a chair or the bathroom, and it really makes me feel very, very sickly and miserable. also like a fever comes very quick with it... I am unable to describe how bad I feel when it happens,,

You have summed it up pretty well. That is what happens to me. I get very sick start sweating, ears ringing, head spinning, all of the color drains from my face and after I feel like I am about to vomit I pass out. So now I am not able to be in the heat nor can I stand for more than 20 mins at a time without getting sick. It really sucks but I am glad the VA has recognized that it's a real issue.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use