VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success Nod Letter For Iraq Veteran

Rate this topic

Been home a few days now, it's a slow process of recovery.

The thing that struck me odd was the fact that the doctor who operated on me and/or his team never saw me off.

In other words, I did not get any clear instructions on what to do day to day as a part of the recovery and healing process. Am I to do the same as in the hospital the first few days...eat, sleep, void if and when I can, and eat and sleep some more (taking medications in the middle)?

Anyhow, may need to call primary care physician today due to noticing swelling in my feet for the first time late last night, and a lot of weird shaking. Anyhow, we'll see...

T.S.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Been home a few days now, it's a slow process of recovery.

The thing that struck me odd was the fact that the doctor who operated on me and/or his team never saw me off.

In other words, I did not get any clear instructions on what to do day to day as a part of the recovery and healing process. Am I to do the same as in the hospital the first few days...eat, sleep, void if and when I can, and eat and sleep some more (taking medications in the middle)?

Anyhow, may need to call primary care physician today due to noticing swelling in my feet for the first time late last night, and a lot of weird shaking. Anyhow, we'll see...

T.S.

Well that's an odd send off,TS. As you know , you are your best advocate. "Feet Swelling", "Weird Shaking"...

Contact your PCP or the surgery unit at the VAMC ASAP...

Edited by Commander Bob

Well that's an odd send off,TS. As you know , you are your best advocate. "Feet Swelling", "Weird Shaking"...

Contact your PCP or the surgery unit at the VAMC ASAP...

Yeah, it irks me to no end given the fact that my original surgery date was moved and they never bothered to contact me so I could make the proper arrangements through work and with family. I will be saying something to the Patient Advocate Office, and to my Dr. if and when I see him.

As expected I did not get a call today from the Physician's Assistant, and I left a message at 1:30 PST, still no call back.

The swelling is still there, though not as bad, and I'm already running out of medications yet my post operation appointment with neurosurgery isn't until the 20th of this month. How anyone figured what they gave me would properly last until then was have failed math class...

Anyhow, I intend to call again in the morning, afternoon, and page my Primary Care Physician (who calls me back personally) and advise of the situation and see what he can do about getting my medications increased to meet the time frame of my next appointment; or in the least go see him before then and he can see for himself the swelling, etc. and feel comfortable continuing the oxycodone prescription so I can properly wheen off it vs. going cold turkey waiting for the 20th appointment with neurosurgery.

I also intend on ordering a copy of the x-ray they did the day after the surgery (JPEG on a DVD) and the notes from the surgery, etc. so I can see what they're not telling me.

T.S.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use