Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Multiple Conditions Noted At C&p Exam

Rate this topic

fbbdab

I was initially rated at 40% and went back to VA to continue the fight. I'm in the DC/MD/VA area. I NOD'd a denial decision on asbestos and a hiatal hernia clearly annotated in my records. I got a C&P and the doctor during the exam included in his examination that I had sleep apnea and a severe case of GERDs associated with the hernia. Does anyone know if the GERDs and sleep apnea will get rated in the decision or will VA ignore it and just rate on the hernia? If VA is true to themselves, they will probably ignore it and I will have to file a separate claim for that. I'm hoping that just once they will do something for the good of the veteran.

If anyone has had this experience, please share your results, I'd love to know what to expect. Thanks

FBBDAB

"Aim High"

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I think the GERD should be SC'ed if the hernia is SC'ed. You need to do something about this condition. You can get cancer from severe GERD.

Unfortunately, it depends on what you originally claimed and what you filed your NOD on. GERD can cause cancer and it can make sleep apnea worst. Also sleep apnea is a silent killer so make sure you get treatment for it. As for what VA will do, who knows but I would say make sure that you read your rating decision and get help in trying to figure out what is going on. According to the CFR 38 Part 4: Acid Reflux, GERD and Hiatal hernia are all the same condition.

7346 Hernia hiatal: (Acid Reflux and GERD)

Symptoms of pain,vomiting, material weight loss and hematemesis or melena persistently recurrent with moderate anemia;or other symptom combinations productive of severe impairment of health 60%

Persistently recurrent epigastric distress with dysphagia, pyrosis, and regurgitation, accompanied by substernal or arm or shoulder pain, productive of considerable impairment of health 30%

With two or more of the symptoms for the 30 percent evaluation of less severity 10%

Edited by pete992

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use