VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Had C/p On Knees But No Rom Device Used

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

This is my remanded claim for SC for both knees and left hip remanded from Court of veterans appeals remanded back to my VARO 2 years ago. Well this is my old claim that I have fought for over 9 years SMR shows several injuries over the years while on active duty. Mostly sick call with both knees injuries included non resolving soft tissue injury per my Navy Corpsman and again at 2 other duty stations. I explained I ced up my knees back when I could run and had a buddy statement from fellow marine who was also in my Gaurd unit. I won an appeal and got a new C/P exam this week but Doctor examined me asked when and how I had hurt my knees and how much range of motion I had. I explained that my knees swell up and some times lock up completely. My family Doctor wrote my back altered my gait over the years which I am SC for also and it also affected my ability to use my right leg over my left causing advanced atrophy of my left leg.

My knees have been examined by both VA orthapedic surgeon as well as IMO from Civillian Ortho and both stated I had injuries to my knees that were at least 50% as likely as not a result of my injuries on active duty. When C/P Doctor was checking my knees out I explained the left leg which is atrophied from non use. There is like 3 inches in diameter difference between right and left muscle groups. When the C/P doctor lifted my knee it sounded like a fire cracker going off. I was concerned as the vet behind me said he saw same Doc but she checked his ROM but with my knees she did not. I had surgery after I got out off Active duty but I am too young for a Knee replacement but that is all they can do at this point according to what the Docs say. Any ideas I have documented traumatic arthritis by both Surgeons and I hope I will get SC for my knees. I wear braces on both knees and use canadian cruthches to get around. I am ready for it to be over. If anyone had issue like this chime in About the only thing I had going for me was the firecracker knees. I had thought a ROM was the test of all test but all I got was a trip to xray clinic and then sent home. Thanks and have a good day.

Edited by oldman273

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

When the VA starts to rebute their own surgeons remarks, that would be a signal that your in for even a longer bout. Even if you get another IMO,which tells me, you already paid big bucks for the first one (IMO) that obviously didn't work to finalize your claim. Like john say's, 9 years of hassle is way, way to long! JMO, I would say save your hard earned money and forget getting another IMO cause it may or may not work. I would have to second john on getting a lawyer that knows the va BS. Put the headaches on him so you can have some time to visit Az's heat. Ha

Yes I agree I had a law firm that helped me with the inital appeal and I have contacted them as they had did a lot of work probono but I lost my lawyer when she left and did not get another contact until here today I sent in the forms the VA had sent as well as all of the last letters evidnce the last Rep had done for me. I was told that they only fought it back to the remand. I checked in with a new person and they assured me that I should hold off on paying for IMO untill they got my file read by one of their Surgeons. I was lucky I had thought I was on my own again. I will wait and see what they can shake out for me. Thanks for chiming in with Ideas I appriciate it. Have a good evening..