VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Got My Letter Today! Yeeeeeeehaaaa!

Rate this topic

Papaw

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Papaw, How long you been fighting for this? Did you receive any awards along the way? If when you reread your letter, can post any non personal info, it may help other vets with the same diagnoses along the way to a grant for them to. What region VARO are you? It is SO WONDERFUL to read a win and award like yours.

It validates your condition, but mostly validates you, the veteran who fought, was injured, and granted something back for giving so much of yourself to your country. Enjoy this buddy, would have suffered long enough. This is for you and your wife to live on and please don't let others with sob stories of needing help/and will pay you back stuff. Keep a little nest egg for rainy days too.

There is nothing better than reading so many recent wins. Congrats. Now live for many many years and spend that $2823 wisely each month too. Nice not to be afraid to answer the door or phone in fear of a bill collector, isn't it!

Papaw....

This is such great news! Sounds like you are carefully considering how to use your back pay award. It's always a good idea to pay off any bills and set some aside. I'm assuming it's a P&T award which opens up many other benefits so be sure to check them out. If I'm wrong on that assumption, please forgive me. You will rest much easier now. BEST WISHES to you and your family.

Good Morning Papaw,

CONGRATULATIONS - CONGRATULATIONS - CONGRATULATIONS- A JOB WELL DONE!!

So glad you are planning your spending wisely. It shows to all of us- NEVER EVER GIVE UP!!

Have a great day!!

Rockman

Hi everyone......Just stopped in today to say "Hello" and see if there was any good news! Yay, Pawpaw! You gave us hope!

Hope everyone else is well!

We are still "tapping" our fingers...playing the waiting game.

Am so HAPPY for you!

Take care....God Bless and Thank you to ALL for serving our Country!

First of all, thanks to everyone that commented on my post. I felt it in my heart that you all we're sincere in your responses. I'll try to answer as many questions as I can in one or two lines. Yes I receive P&T and s/c 100%. It took all of 30 months to get this. I'll say it again. It still hasn't hit us yet. We keep finding out that we are eligible for this and for that. Which it's all great. I don't have to have anymore check ups or anything. It's all over now. Thank you all again for cheering for my gain. Remember, DON'T GIVE UP, it will come soon. God bless everyone and good luck with your claims. We wouldn't be free today if it wasn't for all the Vets that lost their life's and limbs to serve and protect our freedom. God bless you all.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use