VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Got My Letter Today! Yeeeeeeehaaaa!

Rate this topic

Papaw

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been trying since the new presumptives became law. I have IHD and was recently awarded $225,000 back pay and $2823 a month from now on. It was a hard road. My wife kept saying to me, if I would just stop thinking about it, it will come. LOL That's fine, but how can you not stop thinking about how it could be if I'm deemed 100% vs. setting here on disability and paying every cent back out just to stay alive. It was deposited in my checking account this morning, and I got my letter when the mail came just before noon today. It still hasn't sunk in. I paid the car, four wheeler and house off already and waiting for more bills to come in so I could handle them in the same way. PAID OFF!! Let me tell you guys not to worry, when it gets here, well it just seems like a dream. They kept saying that it would take 10 to 40 days to double check and send out a letter. It was exactly 40 days when they sent it out. Good luck to all of you and hope you receive yours soon. Thank God for the VA

Papaw,

I am usually uncomfortable saying OH MY GOSH - - BUT - - OH MY GOSH !

Your job now is to get and keep yourself as healthy as possible.

I am elated for you and the hope this will bring other claimants.

Yes - pay off those bills baby !

But do spend wisely as it can go real fast.

Perhaps you could pick a certain amount to stash away for a specific time frame, that you decide on

(like say 6 months) and promise yourself you won't touch it because it will be your security and rainy day money.

I gotta get back up off the floor now :-)

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations! That is an impressive victory!

By any chance did you have a lawyer, use a VSO (like DAV, VFW, etc...), or go it alone?

• HadIt.com Elder

I am very happy for your win and getting you earned benefits. Its a shame so many Vets get the big retros that they could have used sooner

• HadIt.com Elder

Been trying since the new presumptives became law. I have IHD and was recently awarded $225,000 back pay and $2823 a month from now on. It was a hard road. My wife kept saying to me, if I would just stop thinking about it, it will come. LOL That's fine, but how can you not stop thinking about how it could be if I'm deemed 100% vs. setting here on disability and paying every cent back out just to stay alive. It was deposited in my checking account this morning, and I got my letter when the mail came just before noon today. It still hasn't sunk in. I paid the car, four wheeler and house off already and waiting for more bills to come in so I could handle them in the same way. PAID OFF!! Let me tell you guys not to worry, when it gets here, well it just seems like a dream. They kept saying that it would take 10 to 40 days to double check and send out a letter. It was exactly 40 days when they sent it out. Good luck to all of you and hope you receive yours soon. Thank God for the VA

Great news... Congratulations 'Papaw'.

Edited by Commander Bob

Papaw,

Not to run your life or anything, just a suggestion from experience.

Be careful and think it over before you tell many people how things turned out.

Here at Hadit you are anonymous, but when it comes to family, acquaintances,

friends and neighbors -

sometimes when money is involved people that you haven't talked to

or had a decent relationship with in ages, come crawling out of the wood work.

Sometime people will even get jealous and try to use your information against

you in evil ways.

Just be aware.

JMHO

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use