Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

When Vso & Vet Not Communicating

Rate this question

autumn

Question

when a vet feels a vso/pva isn't communicating, then what?

vso hasn't returned calls to questions in over 2 weeks. secretary says this, says that, i told vso you called, etc. very well could be a good reason why no phone calls returned. he was traveling they said, then he was sick, then he was busy visiting hospitals, etc. but it leaves me a bit weary.

whom does a vet turn to then?

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

That sucks, autumn. That's why I put them together myself, certify and mail them, or carry them down there to the RO ( the RO is in Lincoln, where I live, so I know that Im lucky). I then submit via Vonapp. I have the VSO's fax number so then he gets a copy, too. Then I 'go fishing' by studying for my ICND1 exam and reading CyberLaw texts.

CAS

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

• HadIt.com Elder

when a vet feels a vso/pva isn't communicating, then what?

vso hasn't returned calls to questions in over 2 weeks. secretary says this, says that, i told vso you called, etc. very well could be a good reason why no phone calls returned. he was traveling they said, then he was sick, then he was busy visiting hospitals, etc. but it leaves me a bit weary.

whom does a vet turn to then?

Where in the claims process are you?

If you are not pleased with your current VSO, then you could find a new national veterans organization or county veterans service rep. All you would need to do is have the new vso change your POA (Power of attorney)over to them.

May I ask what vso organization you are using now?

Cmdr. Bob

Edited by Commander Bob

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

>Where in the claims process are you?

had second round of C&P's about a month ago for secondary issues related to service connected MS. contacted a local congressman to get the correct C&P's because VARO didn't seem to listen to pva requests.

i faxed that to pva rep along with a couple of concerns that the VA stated i didn't need the memory/cog exam that the pva had requested. so i wanted the pva rep to see the exam results and let me know if that was the case. otherwise lets get it requested and that done.

i'm with pva. the rep is in another state due to the local one and i had issues.

That sucks, autumn. That's why I put them together myself, certify and mail them, or carry them down there to the RO ( the RO is in Lincoln, where I live, so I know that Im lucky). I then submit via Vonapp. I have the VSO's fax number so then he gets a copy, too. Then I 'go fishing' by studying for my ICND1 exam and reading CyberLaw texts.

CAS

i'm assuming he got them as secretary said she put them on his desk. i needed his opinion on the exam results and had a few questions. i guess he's in/out of office a lot.

i have an accnt with vonapp too. haven't made much use of it. i do have another SC claim but told not to submit it until this MS stuff is out of the way. think i'll try vonapp then.

good luck with the cisco exam(s). before i retired i used to hang out at SANS site and cissp. MS pretty much put an end to all that.

• HadIt.com Elder

>Where in the claims process are you?

had second round of C&P's about a month ago for secondary issues related to service connected MS. contacted a local congressman to get the correct C&P's because VARO didn't seem to listen to pva requests.

i faxed that to pva rep along with a couple of concerns that the VA stated i didn't need the memory/cog exam that the pva had requested. so i wanted the pva rep to see the exam results and let me know if that was the case. otherwise lets get it requested and that done.

i'm with pva. the rep is in another state due to the local one and i had issues.

I would call that pva's office and explain the situation to who ever is taking the phone messages, every other day, if need be, until the rep gets back to you. The rep may already be aware of your situation, however you should be shown the courtesy of a returned phone call...

My best wishes for your health and claim,and my most positive thoughts are with you.

Cmdr.Bob

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

Thanks, Autumn. This year I have ICND1 and 2 to do, then a few classes on hacking, security, and penetration testing, then a test for GIAC2700 Standards and Practices for information security policy. Yahoo!

i'm assuming he got them as secretary said she put them on his desk. i needed his opinion on the exam results and had a few questions. i guess he's in/out of office a lot.

i have an accnt with vonapp too. haven't made much use of it. i do have another SC claim but told not to submit it until this MS stuff is out of the way. think i'll try vonapp then.

good luck with the cisco exam(s). before i retired i used to hang out at SANS site and cissp. MS pretty much put an end to all that.

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)