Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Would This Qualify For Some Type Of Smc

Rate this topic

As Teac pointed out, there are two ways to qualify for housebound:

1. First, if you meet the "100 plus 60" as in Bradley vs Peake, then the VA must infer your eligibility for housebound and you should not have to do anything to apply for it. (In practice, I would go ahead and apply because, if you have not gotten it, then it sounds like something went wrong and the VA did not infer it.)

2. If you are housebound in fact, that is, you meet the legal defination of housebound WITHOUT qualifying for the "100 plus 60" in Bradley vs Peak, then you have to apply for housebound..it wont be inferred.

There is at least one instance when a Veteran can get Aid and Attendance and NOT be 100%. That would be Pension Aid and Attendance. With Pension A & A you qualify on a bases of need (this generally means low income, and not too many assets), but you still have to meet the guidelines for A and A.

i currently get aid and attendance on my pension because of rheumatoid arthritis. my hands are severely deformed and i clearly have trouble completing several daily living activities. i choose to receive this (at present) because it is more than my 40 percent service connected disability for my back.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic