Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ss & V.a.

Rate this question

rydastar

Question

I know i have been bouncing around here with some questions, as i am new to this site, but am wondering, if SS gave me 100% dis. for ptsd/ and heart( that was my original application with them) ..any thoughts what the v.a. will do IF they see the SS report.? thanks ryd..

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

thanks John I was back in ICU for my heart failure from 10 June- 28 June it has taken me a day or so to even feel like posting on the computer I feel better now than I did after the April hospitalization but I hope this isn't what my future looks like spending 1 month out of 3 in an ICU hooked to IVs is to much deal with and I know the VA is going to fight the bills I hate to see how many tens of thousands all that ICU time is going to cost I was lucky in April they transferred me to MUSC and they treat all of the VA patients in congestive heart failure in Charleston due to the VA hospital there and in Columbia don't have a cardiac treatment program for congestive heart failure they billed the VA directly there now I just have to fight with the ambulance company over the 1845 bill for taking me from Lexington to Charleston I was transferred from one ICU to MUSC I couldn't exactly have my wife drive me I was on oxygen and on IVs when they moved me lucky for the VA they used an ambulance instead of a med evac chopper because that was their first idea I am sure that would have even been more expensive I am SC for cardiac issues and it was at night when I had the heart attack in April and my wife called the ambulance and Dorn doesn't have an ER at night anymore I think they should pay all the bills but we know how they are I am sure it will be a fight

the ambulance company told my wife that they didn't want to wait for the VA to pay the bill as they are slow in paying it's not my fault but turning the bills to collection 2 weeks later and filing a lawsuit against me 15 days after that was pure BS my lawyer told the court I want a jury trial