Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Regional Offices

Rate this question

fanaticbooks

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

A week or so ago, Tbird created a new forum. Within this forum we put All the individual Regional offices including Philippines, Puerto Rico and the Rural Health. Eventually there will even be a link to their web page within the VA site. (that will take a little more time)

These individual topics are NOT there to just blow off steam about a Regional office. They were created to offer an avenue for veterans using the same office to compare notes, offer advice, suggestions, and other HELPFUL comments. We are hoping they will provide a Constructive way to help individuals having to use a specific RO.

The topic intro for each reads as follows:

This topic was created to try to help veterans who use this regional office. It is designed to offer a way for them to possibly help each other or band together to possibly get services improved. When commenting in this topic, please try to do so constructively.

1. Mention reason for interacting with this regional office;

2. Give your pro/con on this interaction;

3. Without betraying private information, try to offer information or warnings that might be helpful to others when dealing with this office.

4. Please do not give names, phone numbers or addresses of specific persons at this office. If you do so, the post will be deleted.

l

We hope these will help.

fanaticbooks

www.howtoassemblevaclaims.com

A free guide for researching, organizing and assembling a va claim. Now upgraded to include suggestions for VONAPP and Social Security Disability.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Do you have a link to this new blog?

As far as your comment about Vets "blowing off steam" about frustrations with a Regional Office, may I inquire as to what a Vet would do about an unfairness at a RO?

1. We all know it wont do any good to complain at the VAOIG. Even if the VAOIG were to investigate, they would "make recommendations" for the RO to improve, and the RO would pat the VAOIG on the back and say, "Those are good recommendations"....and then it is back to "business as ususal". Nothing gets done.

2. Complaining to congress is probably more controversial, and even less productive.

3. Whats left? Complaining to Dr. Phil? If the Vet complains to the VA, he will be branded a trouble maker and his claim will wind up at the bottom of a very deep pile, or, even worse, the VA will retaliate with a proposed reduction, or, "The Nightmare on Elm StreeT: A VA fiduciary"

Frankly, I think if "steam needs blowing off", then the place to do so is at the VA blogs. The public is duped into thinking everything is hunkie dorie at the VA, who is out there protecting Vets who have been injured, unless WE say something.

The VA has shown it will be largely unresponsive to Vets needs UNLESS the VA gets hit "in the media". This is your chance to hit the VA in the media,

• Founder

The new VA Regional Offices Forum should now be visible to everyone. It's at the bottom of the VA Claims Research section http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?/forum/122-va-regional-offices/

What is meant by not letting off steam is No Personal Attacks on individuals at the VA by name. Slander and Libel laws being what they are it's best to just not mention names. For example don't say that lazy xxx b**tch, that gets us no where.

I hope that clarifies things for you. The VA has a blog that you comment on here http://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/

Do you have a link to this new blog?

As far as your comment about Vets "blowing off steam" about frustrations with a Regional Office, may I inquire as to what a Vet would do about an unfairness at a RO?

1. We all know it wont do any good to complain at the VAOIG. Even if the VAOIG were to investigate, they would "make recommendations" for the RO to improve, and the RO would pat the VAOIG on the back and say, "Those are good recommendations"....and then it is back to "business as ususal". Nothing gets done.

2. Complaining to congress is probably more controversial, and even less productive.

3. Whats left? Complaining to Dr. Phil? If the Vet complains to the VA, he will be branded a trouble maker and his claim will wind up at the bottom of a very deep pile, or, even worse, the VA will retaliate with a proposed reduction, or, "The Nightmare on Elm StreeT: A VA fiduciary"

Frankly, I think if "steam needs blowing off", then the place to do so is at the VA blogs. The public is duped into thinking everything is hunkie dorie at the VA, who is out there protecting Vets who have been injured, unless WE say something.

The VA has shown it will be largely unresponsive to Vets needs UNLESS the VA gets hit "in the media". This is your chance to hit the VA in the media,

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

This great.. if I thinkl it is what I think, it is what I really wanted for a logn time.. Regional Office info,, to let us know how things are going that affect us where we go to and and physsically tied to with health , appointmnets, doctors, and records, and legal.. if it is al this, in these new forums, it is Fantastic!

Salute!

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg

• HadIt.com Elder

These are intended as ways for other users of that office to compare notes so to speak. It can be as good or bad as these members input.

Comments on services, type and quality of aid, niceness, not-so-niceness, quirks, negatives, positives, trying to get ideas from others getting certain services (or not) from that specific office.

Not allowed are specific names, phone numbers, addresses, in other words, anything personal towards specific people NOT ALLOWED!

Otherwise, go for it.

fb

A free guide for researching, organizing and assembling a va claim. Now upgraded to include suggestions for VONAPP and Social Security Disability.

• HadIt.com Elder

There has been little activity in the Forum created for the various Regional Offices.

Now, since everyone knows I have no input in these, I am not the expert in what should or should not be done to utilize these various topics of individual regional offices or their off-site satellite offices.

What I would like to mention though is that:

1. Inputting your experiences with your RO could help others down the road.

2. If having trouble with your RO, listing that might get responses from others concerning how to handle or just banding together to solve.

3. Allows you maybe a more personal touch with veterans who use the RO. It might make you feel less isolated.

Just trying to help veterans to help each other.

:)

fanaticbooks