Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Brushing Teeth

Rate this question

Papa

Question

This probably should not go here, and some may take it the wrong way. I have Parkinson's disease. I was trying to brush my teeth, and putting the tooth paste on the brush has become a challenge. I tried everything before I got it on the brush, but I did get it everyplace else, walls, vanity, my nose (don't ask). Wasted almost the entire tube. Got to the point that I almost cried, but then I just started to laugh. I will work this out, may take several tubes, and we don't want talk about shaving.:rolleyes:

Papa

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Sorry to hear about your problem but I bet you are not alone. Why not check online and see if there is any help for PD sufferers for this problem. Check with the PD associations first.

Awwwww Papa! Just suck out some paste & then TRY to brush, lol. And I bet you'd look good with a beard; forget the shave!

This is a great solution !

Sorry for your situation Papa.

This probably should not go here, and some may take it the wrong way. I have Parkinson's disease. I was trying to brush my teeth, and putting the tooth paste on the brush has become a challenge. I tried everything before I got it on the brush, but I did get it everyplace else, walls, vanity, my nose (don't ask). Wasted almost the entire tube. Got to the point that I almost cried, but then I just started to laugh. I will work this out, may take several tubes, and we don't want talk about shaving.:rolleyes:

Papa

Papa,

I found something for you and it's $9.99 --- See the link below:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?sku=16719552&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=toothpaste+dispenser&utm_campaign=Broad&

And, the VA should reimburse you but for $9.99 it's probably not worth putting a claim in ;-) Plus, you could do a mail-order so you don't have to hassle with the driving.

How do you type ? My husband has PN very bad and finds it to be very hard to type, so I bought a computer program called "Dragon" for him to speak into and it types his letters, emails AND corrects them !

My brother has MS and his scribble has never been readable but with email he can speak into it would make it so much easier for him. When he types, it's easier for US to read his writing but it does take him a long time to type. Dragon would work great for him also.

P.S.

I bet there is a toothpaste dispenser that would "automatically" dispense, just like an automatic soap dispenser would. Let me peek around and I'll send you another link.

Edited by VetsLady

Papa,

I found something for you and it's $9.99 --- See the link below:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?sku=16719552&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=toothpaste+dispenser&utm_campaign=Broad&

And, the VA should reimburse you but for $9.99 it's probably not worth putting a claim in ;-) Plus, you could do a mail-order so you don't have to hassle with the driving.

How do you type ? My husband has PN very bad and finds it to be very hard to type, so I bought a computer program called "Dragon" for him to speak into and it types his letters, emails AND corrects them !

My brother has MS and his scribble has never been readable but with email he can speak into it would make it so much easier for him. When he types, it's easier for US to read his writing but it does take him a long time to type. Dragon would work great for him also.

P.S.

I bet there is a toothpaste dispenser that would "automatically" dispense, just like an automatic soap dispenser would. Let me peek around and I'll send you another link.

P.S.S. -------- Papa, I did find a few others but the price was in the plus $50 range. The link I sent you for Bed, Bath and Beyond might be worth trying out to see if it will do the job for you. Looks like it's pushing one button. I found one that attaches to the wall also.