Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Well Im At A Year And 5 Months

Rate this question

hulamatt

Question

1.6 if they didnt change my eed because i switched from schizo to paranoid schizo typo error on my part, im at the point where im just going to call my VSO rep and yell or my congressman, and maybe a little of the 1800 number, its funny cause yesterday i called the 1800 number and they said average was 6-9 months and didnt say a single word about mine being 17 what would u do? im in chicago

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Hints:

Sit down and think about what you want to file. Get all medical records pertaining to the claim up front ( it

May cost you for release of information, but in the long run it will pay off). When you get your Letter it says you have 30 days to submit evidence. (there are release forms 21-4142). No Need for them Because you submitted all your information Upfront. There is also a NCAA notice response attached to this letter (at the back before the Forms). Fill That out which says I have no Further evidence to submit. When the va gets that it comes down to va exam or ready for decision ( if nothing is found in your service records.).

Timeline: claim submitted with all information up front roughly two weeks until you get you first Letter. 30 days to submit info. no info to submit va exam or ready to rate. 30

Days. If va exam time for exam to be scheduled and examined 60 days (scheduling and folder to get to hospital and back and exam to be signed off). File to be reviewed and made easy for decision 30 days. All in all approx 6 months.

yes T8r, looks all clear-cut, huh? Well, I must just be an anomaly. I was prepared and took filing my TDIU very serious since I haven't been able to work since 2006 and my credit & mortgage were pending on a timely and positive outcome. I truthfully can't see where I've held this process up. I did not file any other claims, my C&Ps were done 14months ago, all my healthcare has been provided by the VA so there was no waiting for private Dr's to forward records. I responded back to all written requests within 3-5 days.

Problems: "claim takes forever"

File additional claims while original claim was being processed. (start over because new claim)

21-4142 relase of info forms submitted ( because info was not gotten upfront). Va has to go out for med records because directed to by vet. 30 days for first attempt. Approx another 30 days for sec attempt. (hence

GetInfo up front).

Be short and concise if you write the va. Do not five any inkling you are claiming other conditions. If you list symptoms of your claimed conditions then state these are symptoms. NOT new claims.

THESE are why claims take forever. Yes the

Va is at fault too, but don't help them make your claim linger by doing the problems!!!! Read the

Above.

Edited by eagle-eye

New guidelines were passed for iu see training letter 10-07. The va has to make sure that they adhere to those guidelines. Anytime some one files for iu the

Letter has to address all claimed conditions

On an 8940 as an increase. So, if your original letter only addressed iu and then you

May have gotten another letter staying we are working in an increase trainin letter 10-07 is to blame. Also it ( the training letter ) changed the gen med verbiage. Had to possibly redo an exam? I do feel for you on that claim. I wasn't trying to be a jerk. Just trying to help anyone reading this thread understand why it takes so long sometimes.